Market Data Engineer
- New York, NY
At OST, we’re a bit like what you may call a machine, but with a more human touch. Day in and day out for the last 27 years we’ve been more than just a staffing company. Throughout this time we’ve built relationships, we’ve grown together internally and externally, and have created a system that allows us to personally cater to the needs of our clients and candidates. As we celebrate this occasion, it important to note that for us, 27 years is more than just a number or an anniversary. It is 27 years of relationships, 27 years of trust, and 27 years of total reliability. We’ve been a mentor for some, a team builder for others, but most importantly we’ve been there. We know there is no substitute for experience, so let us help you navigate through the ever changing web of talent.
Operating in a crowded marketplace, we have succeeded by staying ahead of the curve. No two projects are the same, and neither are our solutions. We’ve got the connections. We know the people. We have the opportunities. How soon can you start?
Open Systems Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions regarding employment will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
A leading financial firm is seeking a Market Data Engineer. You will serve as a SME within the Market Data space. Your major responsibilities will include:
- Develop analytical solutions as needed
- Assist colleagues with project scope, estimation, timelines and distribution of tasks
- Design, document and implement system infrastructure and interface components
- Maintain and improve existing market data delivery and capture systems
- Ensure system solutions follow bank and regulatory policies and standards
- Develop documentation and contribute to the knowledge base
- Provide 2nd level support as needed
- 5+ years of Market Data engineer and administration experience
- Strong experience with creating system solutions
- Must have experience implementation and managing Thomson Reuters systems
- Experience configuring and managing DACS is required
- Must have experience/familiarity with integrating third party feed handlers into Thomson Reuters
- Must have familiarity with various vendor market data feeds and their implementations
- In-depth knowledge of RHEL and Solaris
- Experience with Unix Shell and Perl scripting
- Experience in system tuning and performance testing
- Experience with time-series market data capture systems is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.