- Chicago, IL
At OST, we’re a bit like what you may call a machine, but with a more human touch. Day in and day out for the last 27 years we’ve been more than just a staffing company. Throughout this time we’ve built relationships, we’ve grown together internally and externally, and have created a system that allows us to personally cater to the needs of our clients and candidates. As we celebrate this occasion, it important to note that for us, 27 years is more than just a number or an anniversary. It is 27 years of relationships, 27 years of trust, and 27 years of total reliability. We’ve been a mentor for some, a team builder for others, but most importantly we’ve been there. We know there is no substitute for experience, so let us help you navigate through the ever changing web of talent.
Operating in a crowded marketplace, we have succeeded by staying ahead of the curve. No two projects are the same, and neither are our solutions. We’ve got the connections. We know the people. We have the opportunities. How soon can you start?
Open Systems Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions regarding employment will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Our client is a top worldwide Hedge Fund who is hiring a Python Developer to join the Credit Technology group will work closely with members of trading desks and other members of the Technology team to develop best in class desktop trading applications. This candidate will provide technical expertise to support and enhance existing and new trading desktop applications.
- All phases of the technology enablement life cycle
- Coordinate specific subject matter knowledge to the design and integration phase of each project
- Develop and maintain real-time trading applications, including building new apps and enhancing existing ones to cut down trading workflows to achieve optimal throughput
- Advising on the appropriate architecture, data model, and system design and interfacing requirements for each project
- Interact with users to gather new ideas and feedback on existing apps
- Strategize and outline areas of improvements
- Support users during trading hours
- Experience with Python or other functional programming language (Haskell, F#, Ruby) on a Linux platform.
- Professional experience on the client side building UI’s or data visualizations
- Experience working on both Linux and Windows environment
- Knowledge of Credit markets (Bonds, CDS) and experience working with Traders/Quants
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent. Masters degree preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.