Senior Frontend Developer
- 225 George St, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
Openmarkets Group (OMG) is accelerating access to wealth creation. We’re a trading and wealth management fintech, providing a full suite of technologies and infrastructure to industry professionals, and connecting consumers with investment and advice.
OMG is on a fast trajectory - we’re growing, priorities shift on the daily and you’ll need to be good at reacting on the fly. If that doesn’t excite you, look away now.
We’re a company forged in mergers and united by a desire to create a wealthier Australia. Our values are built-in, so be prepared to build on them.
· Radical - we open markets
· Uplifting - we empower others
· Bold - we push boundaries
As a tech company, we're fortunate to be able to adapt to the rapidly changing conditions in the world around us, and this role is key to support an ongoing period of sustained growth.
We were largely formed during lockdown – as such, we're well adapted to remote collaboration and the kind of flexibility required in these unusual times.
Our total employee numbers grew over 200% last financial year and we're actively hiring during the current COVID-affected conditions.
At the forefront of tech solutions which include Australia’s largest independent stockbroker, and the platform that underpins the country's smartest fintechs, we're undoubtedly the fastest-growing player in the sector.
Our technology teams, across software engineering and product, are the beating heart of our mission.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated Senior Frontend Developer with a passion for UI/UX to become a key member of our engineering team. You will take responsibility for the end-to-end delivery of complex features whilst demonstrating a passion for autonomous problem solving and scaling our next generation user-centric product!
Join us as we expand our existing offering with a new suite of efficient and scalable systems, built on modern technologies unhampered by legacy code. We have ambitious short and long-term goals, and we want the best talent on board to get there.
- Design, develop, and maintain robust, scalable software
- Work with development and design teams to implement and maintain the UI for a new application written in React
- Participate in the scoping and technical specification of the new application
- Work closely with the technical management team to setup and implement the new company Design System
- Help set the standard for code quality and software engineering best practices across the business
- Provide oversight and technical input into product architecture and technology innovation
- Support other team members through coaching, pairing and mentoring
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve processes or increase efficiency.
- Tertiary qualifications in Information Technology or similar
- Typically have 5+ years of industry experience
- Demonstrated experience working on medium to large web projects
- A high level of expertise with CSS/SCSS
- A strong understanding of UI/UX, and visual design concepts
- A good understanding of accessibility guidelines
- You're an experienced Engineer who knows what well-tested, robust, maintainable software looks like
- You might not be familiar with all areas of our stack, but you're eager and willing to learn. You're happy to roll up your sleeves and contribute wherever you can bring value.
- You're excited by the idea of building a product that millions of people will use to improve their financial outcomes.
Additional desirable skills
- Additional expertise in React (preferred), Vue and/or Angular
- A strong understanding of build tools (like NPM / Webpack)
- Experience implementing or working with a Design System / UI component library
- Expertise with TypeScript
- Familiarity with NodeJS
- Familiarity with GraphQL
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite, particularly XD
We don’t require prospective hires to be well versed in all of the technologies we use but we do require them to be willing and eager to learn (we’ll teach you the rest!).
If you enjoy broadening your technical skills, building a new product, and working in an environment that thrives on creativity, experimentation, and innovation, then OMG it’s time we met.
In return, we’ll provide autonomy with support, and the opportunity to make an impact from day one.
You’ll have every opportunity to thrive in our uniquely collaborative and dedicated team culture, knit tightly together whether remotely or in the office. Unhampered by tradition, we collectively champion a pioneering attitude that breeds true agility and open-mindedness from the top down.
Here are some of the delights you can picture yourself enjoying:
- Work with the latest technologies and architectures to create brand new applications
- Regular and varied social events
- Paid parental leave and other PTO incentives
- Individual L&D budget – we take your development seriously
- Competitive remuneration
- Remote work flexibility
Ready? Let’s go.
You must have the right to legally work in Australia, sponsorship options are not available at this time.