Graduate Fintech Operations and Trading
- 225 George St, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
Openmarkets Group (OMG) is accelerating access to wealth creation. We’re a trading and wealth management fintech, providing a full suite of technologies and infrastructure to industry professionals, and connecting consumers with investments and advice.
OMG is on a fast trajectory - we’re growing, priorities shift on the daily and you’ll need to be good at reacting on the fly. If that doesn’t excite you, look away now.
- Radical – we open markets
- Uplifting – we empower others
- Bold – we push boundaries
As a tech company, we're fortunate to be able to adapt to the rapidly changing conditions in the world around us, and this role is key to support an ongoing period of sustained growth. We were largely formed during lockdown – as such, we're well adapted to remote collaboration and the kind of flexibility required in these unusual times. Our employee numbers grew significantly last financial year and we continue to hire during the current COVID-affected conditions.
What the operations team does
- Client account maintenance: look after our clients and their particulars with the upmost security and respect
- Client holdings management: help our clients manage their assets with us
- Trade bookings: take client intentions and turn them into reality
- Settlements & corporate actions: deal with client money and the market obligation that they take on for each client, every day
- Complaints resolution & training: Sometimes things don’t always go a client’s way; we’re here to listen and help
- Estate management: help our clients and their families through some of the roughest patches they’ll ever experience
About the role
As part of our operations team, you’ll get broad exposure to the behind-the-scenes mechanics of stockbroking and see how clearing and settlement works on the day-to-day. You’ll have the exposure to technical and professional skills training with a wide-ranging platform of development opportunities to give you a broad portfolio. Basically, you will get opportunities across the operations team in varied day-to-day activities.
Alongside formal training, you’ll benefit from peer mentoring, networking opportunities and a range of challenging developmental assignments that will take you outside your day-to-day responsibilities.
Careers in operations are about developing business management and leadership skills and applying them in the exciting and rewarding world of financial technology.
We’re committed to giving you the tools and the opportunities necessary to develop a successful long-term career.
- Bachelor’s degree – preferred degrees in finance or related discipline
- General knowledge of financial markets
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Self-motivated and driven
- Demonstrated capacity and willingness to learn
- Accuracy and attention to detail
If you satisfy the above qualifications, you’re a self-starting team player who’s cool under fire, and you’re willing to take responsibility and challenge convention, then OMG it’s time we met.
Perks and benefits
- Solid opportunities for internal progression
- Collaborative and supportive culture
- Celebrate moments, promote an inclusive culture, and invest in wellbeing initiatives
- If this sounds like you, apply now to advance your career and discover a future of opportunities.
For more information on OMG and what we do, check out our website https://openmarkets.group
Note: to be considered for this role you must have a completed university degree and hold Australian or New Zealand permanent residency.
Ready? Let's go.
We are ready to take a suitable candidate on board immediately!