Back End Developer - Sydney
- 225 George St, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
OMG (Openmarkets Group) is accelerating access to wealth creation. We’re a trading and wealth management fintech, providing a full suite of technologies and infrastructure to industry professionals, and connecting consumers with investments and advice.
OMG is on a fast trajectory, and no, we don’t have everything sorted. We’re growing quickly, priorities shift on the daily and you’ll need to be good at reacting on the fly. If that doesn’t excite you, look away now.
We’re a company forged in mergers and united by a desire to create a wealthier Australia. Our values are built-in, so be prepared to build on them.
- Radical – we open markets
- Uplifting – we empower others
- Bold – we push boundaries
About the role
We’re looking for a Back End Developer to join our team dedicated to building out our flagship product Opentrader and taking it to the next level. You will have a direct impact in helping us further develop and enhance our products and learn heaps along the way. If you have a passion for technology and are looking for a role that’s both innovative and fast-paced, please check out the details below.
Opentrader is part of the OMG brand umbrella, and is the love child of Openmarkets, one of Australia’s largest retail stockbrokers, and TradeFloor, Australia’s leading technology provider of derivatives risk management software and trading platforms. It was designed by traders (at a level above some of the more simplistic platforms out there) for professional traders and those who want to invest like a pro. We started by building derivatives risk management infrastructure and ended up completely turning this space upside down.
Your typical day involves:
- Delivering awesome new features to our Opentrader suite of products
- Producing solutions that are reliable and scalable
- Working in a highly experienced, close-knit development team
- Working with some of the most knowledgeable SMEs in the finance industry
- Building consumable and reliable REST APIs
- Building and maintaining Spring JVM applications
- Consuming 3rd party APIs
- Writing SQL queries
- Work collaboratively with senior team members to deliver high quality solutions
- Understand and interpret existing systems
- Knowledge of financial services Industry
- Exposure to AWS Cloud environment
- Personal trading experience
Ways we work:
- Agile, modern development methodologies
- Industry standard tooling
- Cloud native architecture·
- Supported by a dedicated DevOps team
- Culture of continual improvement
If you’re a self-starting team player who thrives in a fast-moving environment and you’re willing to take responsibility and challenge convention, then OMG it’s time we met.
In return, we’ll provide autonomy with support, and the opportunity to make an impact from day one.
Perks and benefits
- Manage your own time – we care about output and attitude
- Flexible work arrangements that support both collaboration and work / life balance
- Regular and varied social events
- A day off for your birthday
Ready? Let’s go.