Senior Software Engineer specialized in DevOps
- Job Type: Technology
OpenBet is sport. The world's top sports betting brands choose OpenBet as their partner for world class content, leading tech and tailored services. We have their back. So they’re ready with exciting, memorable and safe sports betting experiences, to entertain millions of players worldwide.
Want to be part of our evolving future growth?
The DevOps Engineer role is a key function within the OpenBet Sportsbook Product
Division. The team encompasses three main workstreams: Pipeline, Infrastructure Virtualisation and SRE tooling and is focused primarily on two pillars:
- Delivering technical solutions for improving the overall quality of product build, deployments, monitoring, and alerting, with emphasis on NFRs (resilience, stability, scalability, security).
- Building infrastructure as code, currently with Ansible and Terraform, that is used to build environments on-premises (VMware) or on the cloud (AWS).
As a member of the team, you will:
- Work within one of the DevOps workstreams, in close collaboration with the Software Engineering teams and the Delivery teams.
- On occasions, be temporarily transferred to one of these teams for cross-pollinating knowledge or close collaboration in projects.
- Ensure the provisioning of all our environments is fully automated and tested.
- Ensure stable environment provisioning and upgrade capability.
- Help ensure all underlying technologies managed by the team (open-source software, commercial software, frameworks etc.) used across Sportsbook Product Engineering teams have a clear version deprecation and upgrade path.
- Implement and evolve our CI / CD strategy and the tools to support it in collaboration with the wider Engineering and QA teams.
- Participate in defining and prioritising a backlog of work for the team.
- Part of the team participates in an out-of-hours support rota. You will have the opportunity to join once you gain confidence with the work and processes.
- Ensure the right level of visibility on environment health, for example exposing the required metrics.
If you are the right candidate for us you will be able to demonstrate:
- Commercial hands-on software development, implementation, and ongoing automation experience in a previous role.
- Able to articulate on processes and tools utilized to ensure quality, stability, performance, scalability, deployment, security, maintenance, and documentation
- Hands-on experience in automation and systems architecture, with a particular focus on Linux and open-source technologies.
- Knowledge of industry-leading public IaaS solutions.
- Knowledge of both relational databases and various NoSQL-based data storage solutions.
- Well-versed and experienced with open-source tools commonly used to build continuous integration / delivery solutions, such as Git, Maven, Jenkins and Sonar.
- Experienced with open-source solutions for configuration management, elastic scaling, service discovery, and cloud management.
- Matured views on continuous delivery, automation, testing and the development processes in general.
- Experience working with infrastructure as code (Terraform or others)
- Demonstrable experience with agile methodologies and tools for development and operations.
It would also be great to see these skills/experiences as well:
- Experience with creating solutions to ensure ALL deployed environments are the same.
- Some experience in working in an environment using Domain Driven Design, the actor model, event-sourcing and CQRS.
- Betting/Gaming domain knowledge is not required but having worked on major e-Commerce or any significant widely distributed system is preferred.
Why would you enjoy working with us at OpenBet?
- Competitive benefits, including pension plan and private insurance for you and your family members as well as extra leave days for volunteering and other purposes.
- The opportunity to work within a truly international Company, where you can expect the diversity and the opportunities of the world, mixed with a people friendly culture.
- A wide palette of training opportunities and internal and external learning sources, from onboarding, to on-the-job training by our subject matter experts.
- As a software house, we have a relaxed but highly professional environment with excellent facilities available, including on-site canteen & gym, showers, video, board and electronic sports games as well as lending library.
- We love to get together and throw a number of group events, to celebrate new comers, enjoy some good meals together and show off our sport talents as part of company tournaments (basketball, table tennis and others!).