- Job Type: Technology
OpenBet leads the global gaming market, providing innovative software that powers the world’s most successful operators.
We pride ourselves on product innovation and technical excellence and are constantly adding new applications and new functionality to our product suite, used by billions of end users. And, while many other companies have been downsizing, we continue to see growth across our business.
Want to be part of our story?
OpenBet is looking for a talented Software Engineer to work on the next generation of online sports betting and gaming platforms. Our world leading sportsbook products process over 70% of all regulated sports bets, on a system that offers unparalleled levels of performance and scalability.
Our customer teams ensure that our global clients, including Singapore Pools, TAB-NZ and Sportsbet in Australia get the support and ongoing development that keeps their capability at the leading edge of sports betting products.
As a Software Engineer with the OpenBet Team, you’ll have exposure to these systems, as well as extensive training and mentoring as you take our products and your career to the next level.
- Develop new features and functionality for high transaction, large scale betting websites
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks in the software
- Designing solutions that are modular, scalable and portable
- Work to improve overall system architecture and design components to meet those goals
The candidate must have
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken (in English)
- Demonstrable talent coding in PHP, Python, Java or any mainstream programming language
- Good knowledge in RDBMS systems and writing efficient SQL queries.
- Good knowledge in building web applications
- Ideally 2+ years of commercial experience developing software
It w also be great to see these skills/experiences as well:
- Experience developing on Unix/Linux
- Web technologies and internet protocols (SOAP, WS-*, ReST, XML, HTTP, TCP/IP)
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Automated unit testing frameworks
- Ability to learn and be productive with new technologies quickly
What can OpenBet give you:
- The opportunity to interact with global teams, and where appropriate switch teams and projects as you and our business continue to develop and grow
- Tangible and genuine career development, where you can take your career where you want it to go!
- Exposure to real world and business critical projects & the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working with various clients and seeing lots of code!
And if that’s not enough; you will get to enjoy benefits and flexible working arrangements which includes hybrid style work, whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.