Software Engineer QA
- Job Type: Technology
OpenBet is sport. The world's top sports betting brands choose OpenBet as their partner for world class content, leading tech and tailored services. We have their back. So they’re ready with exciting, memorable and safe sports betting experiences, to entertain millions of players worldwide.
OpenBet’s mission is to power growth and player engagement for operators through a global betting ecosystem that delivers at scale, at speed, at every great sports event. Our 1000 talented colleagues are the market's top team. We achieve billions of bets in a season; 60,000+ per second (more transactions than Amazon on Prime Day); 100% uptime (zero Superbowl crashes!) and we're built on 25 years of imaginative technology that is iterated daily.
OpenBet has established a premium client base of more than 75 operators worldwide and has 34 licences across the fastest growing regulated sports betting markets in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. The team is growing at scale driven by accelerated demand for our products and significant investment. We offer the speed, dynamism and growth opportunities of a start-up, underpinned by the stability and strength of a global employer.
Working at OpenBet every day is an opportunity for you to create exciting betting entertainment for millions of sports fans across the globe.
Want to be part of our evolving future growth?
The Software Engineer QA role will involve working alongside Developers, Software Architects, other QA team members and Senior Software Engineers under the supervision of the QA Manager in order to shape and implement the Front End technology and product deliverables that will drive us forward in our strategic initiatives in 2023
The New Front End Feature team will be looking to deliver Front End deliverables in an effective and efficient manner with the Software Engineer QA executing manual Front End testing to ensure the team deliver a quality product both in terms of features and presentation via the UI.
- Work within an agile Feature Team of Agile Delivery Leads, Product Owners and Software Developers to cover manual QA related activities such as translating business requirements, user stories and acceptance criteria into test scenarios/cases – collaborative
- Translate business requirements, user stories, acceptance criteria into test scenarios / test cases
- Translate designs from the UX team into Front End design based tests that will ensure the correct Front End implementation has been delivered and that it displays correctly in all browsers supported by the business.
- Collaborate with Snr QA/ Test Lead/ other team members to establish the scope for testing in a sprint. This should include an analysis of what tests are already automated or what additional tests would benefit from automation (either component or integration)
- Liaise with automation testers to discuss tests that could be automation candidates and the coverage that the Software Engineer QA manual QA is looking for from the automation tests.
- Develop and execute accurate and comprehensive test plans to cover the manual testing element of a release
- Conduct Front End UI/design, functional and regression testing
- Raise clear and accurate defects, follow up on resolutions and retest fixes
- Carry out thorough exploratory testing when required
- Review and escalate test automation failures for support from the Principle Engineer QA
- Ensure manual regression packs are maintained and updated bases on new functionality and changes
- Reports test results to Test Lead and/or other colleagues in a clear and concise manner
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience of using test tools both enterprise and open source.
- A Technical background – BSc or equivalent in IT/Engineering/Scientific or related discipline and professional experience of minimum of two years in IT.
- Good knowledge of structured test methods and procedures.
- Some experience of testing complex user interfaces.
- Experience of Front End, UI and design testing web sites to ensure colours, number of pixels and other design features have been implemented correctly.
- Good communication and presentation skills - confident communicator
- A commitment to quality and a thorough, detailed approach to work.
- Experience with various development methodologies; Agile, TDD or Waterfall.
- Experience of working as a team to deliver a quality product to the customer
- 2-4 years’ experience in QA
- Should be opinionated, especially about quality.
It would also be great to see these skills/experiences as well:
- Experience of working on highly complex, distributed systems.
- Experience with Java, Gherkin/Cucumber, Selenium
- Experience with JIRA and TestRail
- API Testing with Postman
- A basic understanding of Docker, Ansible, Maven, Jenkins, and Git (BitBucket).
- Understanding of Behaviour/Test Driven Development.
- Experience working with version control systems.
- Qualified to ISEB/ISTQB Foundation level.
Why would you enjoy working with us at OpenBet?
Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace
The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis and the possibility to switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow
Tangible and genuine development - at OpenBet, you can take your career where you want it to go!
And if that’s not enough; you will get to enjoy a stunning work location and flexible working whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.