Senior Performance Test Engineer
- Job Type: Technology
OpenBet is sport. The world's top sports betting brands choose OpenBet as their partner for world-class content, leading tech, and tailored services. We have their back. So they’re ready with exciting, memorable, and safe sports betting experiences, to entertain millions of players worldwide.
OpenBet’s mission is to power growth and player engagement for operators through a global betting ecosystem that delivers at scale, at speed, at every great sports event. Our 1000 talented colleagues are the market's top team. We achieve billions of bets in a season; 60,000+ per second (more transactions than Amazon on Prime Day); 100% uptime (zero Superbowl crashes!) and we're built on 25 years of imaginative technology that is iterated daily.
OpenBet has established a premium client base of more than 75 operators worldwide and has 34 licenses across the fastest growing regulated sports betting markets in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. The team is growing at scale driven by accelerated demand for our products and significant investment. We offer the speed, dynamism, and growth opportunities of a start-up, underpinned by the stability and strength of a global employer.
Working at OpenBet every day is an opportunity for you to create exciting betting entertainment for millions of sports fans across the globe.
Want to be part of our evolving future growth?
As a Senior Performance Tester within OpenBet you will:
- Implement performance testing scripts/tests for various OpenBet applications under the guidance of the automation architect.
- Define and manage performance metrics across the programme/projects.
- Align the QA team processes and tooling with the wider company, including planning, implementation and evolution of QA / QE processes and feedback to the wider company.
- Ensure structured feedback is provided to the development teams and that the work is carried out in accordance with the agreed project schedule and quality requirements.
- Provide accurate documentation for use by the customers, product teams and internal support.
- Work with Engineering management to drive through best practice, techniques, and technology both on the team and around the company, notably around CI/CD and test tooling.
- Help drive and implement a suitable and scalable performance test plan for use within the project and beyond.
- Where required, assist in the preparation of test plans and test scripts for OpenBet deliverables.
The Senior Performance Test Engineer is expected to be technical, perhaps originally from a software engineering background (with 1-3 years of coding experience in Java on UNIX/Linux).
The ideal candidate needs to have skills on development and must be familiar with popular performance testing tools preferably Locust, JMeter, Gatlin. Should have significant exposure to API Performance testing and be familiar with cucumber and BDD. Strong understanding of performance testing methodologies and types (performance-load-spike-stress-soak-capacity) is required. Hands-on experience on CI/CD and build tools (GIT, Maven, Jenkins) and/or other industry standard source control management system.
If you’re the right candidate for us you’ll be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of infrastructure and web application key performance indicators and metrics is required.
- Abilty to design and track Performance and other Quality metrics using customer designed Dashboards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Should be opinionated, especially about quality and test frameworks.
It would also be great to see these skills/experiences as well:
- A working understanding of Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Maven, Jenkins and Git (BitBucket)
- Experience with monitoring tools – one or more of New Relic, Dynatrace or Prometheus.
- Good knowledge of networking, HTTP / HTTPS protocols, TCP and network analysis tools Wireshark / Fiddler, load balancing, firewall.
- Implementing changes to ensure tests execute as part of pipeline process.
Why would you enjoy working with us at OpenBet?
Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace
The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis and the possibility to switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow
Tangible and genuine development - at OpenBet, you can take your career where you want it to go!
Exposure to real work, business-critical projects and the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working on exciting client projects and interact with lots of code!
And if that’s not enough; you will get to enjoy flexible working whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.