Full Time Staff Accountant (REMOTE)
OpStart manages your accounting, finance, and back office needs.
OpStart is a company that provides startups with essential, reliable, and scalable business administration solutions at affordable rates. Their team of back-office professionals partners with the management teams of startup companies to provide financial operations, including accounting, finance, and back-office needs. They give entrepreneurs the freedom to focus on what matters most.
They are a startup themselves. Founded in late 2020 in South Bend, IN, they have scaled rapidly in our first 12+ months of operation. Their early investors have founded or backed unicorns like Cameo, Chime, DocuSign, Looker, and more.
They are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. All positions are currently remote, and there is no specific requirement around location for the placement of this position.
- Maintain records of financial transactions by posting, verifying, and allocating appropriately within the accounting system
- Execute Accounts Receivables and Account Payables tasks for clients (i.e., paying bills, sending invoices, following up on past-due invoices, etc.)
- Manage and review the general ledger and subsidiary accounts
- Complete month-end close process for clients and accurately prepare month-end reports, adjusting journal entries, and account reconciliations in a timely manner
- Prepare financial reports that analyze, summarize, and communicate essential information to clients
- Assist in implementing general ledger, payroll, and billing systems for new startups lacking core infrastructure
- 2+ years of relevant experience (bookkeeping, accounting, financial statement preparation, AR/AP, etc.) Pay will be commensurate with years of experience
- Demonstrative knowledge of QuickBooks, Microsoft Excel, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Familiarity with bill.com, Gusto, Brex, and similar platforms is a plus
- Familiarity with e-commerce, manufacturing, and/or inventory accounting is a plus
- A customer-centric mindset with a strong desire to help others
- Excited to work in a fast-paced environment with a team of entrepreneurs
Benefits of the Full-Time Staff Accountant
- Monthly WFH stipend
- Flexible PTO
- Qualified Small Employer HRA
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of the activities, duties, or responsibilities for this position. Duties, obligations, and activities may evolve or change at any time with or without formal notice.
The salary for this position is: $50,000.00