Sr. Software Engineer
- 8144 Walnut Hill Ln, Dallas, TX 75231, USA
One Technologies is a Dallas-based, privately held, direct-to-consumer products company that develops and markets ScoreSense® – an industry-leading online and mobile provider of consumer credit information, identity monitoring, and neighborhood alert services. By providing more than 1 million ScoreSense® subscribers continuous access to credit, identity theft, and family safety features, we strive to make life more secure for our members.
One Technologies has been recognized numerous times for our success, impressive growth, and progressive company culture by various trade publications and “Best Of” lists, including the Dallas Business Journal, Tech Titans Fast 50, and the Inc. 500. We’ve been recognized as the #1 fastest growing company in Dallas on the 2013-14 “SMU 100” list, and were also named to the 2021 “Best Companies to Work for in Texas” list, the seventh time we’ve received this honor.
One Technologies has been able to accomplish amazing things while maintaining a culture that is friendly and fun, yet driven to achieve greatness.
More information about One Technologies is available at onetechnologies.net.
The Sr. Software Engineer will perform a variety of complex project tasks independently and within teams to facilitate full product development and maintenance efforts. The role has a strong understanding of the software development lifecycle and is highly proficient in one or more technologies used in the Engineering department. Knowledge and expertise is freely shared with others to support and mentor team members. The role will continue to enhance technical skills and be able to provide guidance and direction to help make critical technical and project related decisions.
- Implements functionality as described in design documentation and is able to work independently or in teams to complete assigned task.
- Follows defined engineering process during the development lifecycle.
- Code is developed per defined coding standards, unit test code is thorough, code contains fewer defects than average and rarely requires cleanup/refactoring.
- Able to accurately estimate effort required to perform areas of work taking into consideration product and process requirements during the development lifecycle.
- Implementations are completed according to agreed upon schedule. Exceptions are rare.
- Able to create high and low-level design specifications to solve medium to complex problems.
- Performs peer code reviews to identify functional improvements and potential code regressions.
- Identifies new ideas, tools, and process improvements to help team meet objectives.
- Demonstrates expert understanding of object-oriented design principles as reflected in working code.
- Demonstrates practical experience & expert understanding of the agile process. How to conduct, estimation, standups, retrospective, grooming, etc.
- Recognized as a domain expert in one or more areas of product functionality.
- Provides technical leadership and influence over other team members.
- Proactively works with other team members as needed to resolve issues and help team meet project goals.
- Able to coordinate his/her own work as well as the work required of others.
- Fosters teamwork within the group, proactively mentors, and develops team members by discussing new ideas.
- Uses customer understanding and knowledge of the relevant technologies to build a better product/service.
- Demonstrates the ability to design extendable solutions and plan for future requirements.
- Proven work experience as a full stack web developer with emphasis on front end development and web delivery excellence.
- Software development background with an understanding of the software development lifecycle and the deliverable created during the development lifecycle.
- Familiarity with relevant software development tools and technologies used by the development organization like Jira, confluence, bitbucket, and others.
- Dedication to customer service
- Experience with Web Delivery excellence related to optimizing page load time and increasing Conversion Rate with technology.
- Strong analytical skills, creative thinking ability and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good time management skills and self-motivated.
- Demonstrates mastery problem solving skills-designs seldom require re-work.
- Experience developing for AWS utilizing lambda functions, API gateway, S3, and many other AWS features.
- Familiarity with .NET, ASP.NET framework & C# or VB.NET is prefer
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, preferred Degree or master’s in computer science and 6 plus years of previous software development and design experience.
One Technologies offers attractive compensation, 100% company-paid health and dental insurance, short term and long term disability coverage, tuition reimbursement and flexible remote working hours.