Principal Software Engineer/Enterprise Architect
- 8144 Walnut Hill Ln, Dallas, TX 75231, USA
- Employees can work remotely
One Technologies is a Dallas-based, privately held, direct-to-consumer products company that develops and markets ScoreSense® – an industry-leading online and mobile provider of consumer credit information, identity monitoring, and neighborhood alert services. By providing more than 1 million ScoreSense® subscribers continuous access to credit, identity theft, and family safety features, we strive to make life more secure for our members.
One Technologies has been recognized numerous times for our success, impressive growth, and progressive company culture by various trade publications and “Best Of” lists, including the Dallas Business Journal, Tech Titans Fast 50, and the Inc. 500. We’ve been recognized as the #1 fastest growing company in Dallas on the 2013-14 “SMU 100” list, and were also recently named to the 2021 “Best Companies to Work for in Texas” list, the seventh time we’ve received this honor.
One Technologies has been able to accomplish amazing things while maintaining a culture that is friendly and fun, yet driven to achieve greatness. More information about One Technologies is available at onetechnologies.net.
OT is looking for a technical leader to join the technology leadership team to support our products, and work within engineering groups responsible for web delivery excellence.
- Partner with other leaders and product management to understand requirements for an area of work and lead translating those requirements into a workable architecture & design.
- Lead our drive and focus into web delivery excellence related to requirements for technology and architecture. This will be translated into the following: optimization of our sales funnel, maximizing our conversion rate through optimizing the delivery of our sales funnel, and maximizing and managing our google score.
- Lead architecture decisions through our ARB, architecture and review board.
- Collaborate over requirements and designs with other technical leaders via creation of design specifications and through verbal communication.
- Collaborate with other technical leaders in defining and enforcing our development processes and best practices.
- Assist management in breaking technical solutions down into suitable parts to distribution to other team members, assist in executing that work.
- Reviews all aspects of other work including specification, design, implementation, and test plans.
- Communicates and collaborates effectively with other leaders to ensure project goals are met.
- Drives best practices and process improvements throughout the department.
- Lead the analysis of business requirements and translate that to workable architecture & design.
- Anticipates the impact of evolving functionality across the suite and proactively plans and implements changes to mitigate disruptive changes.
- Forecast accurately estimation effort, level of complexity and risks required to perform areas of work taking into considerations product and process requirements during the development lifecycle.
- Promotes a consistent, technically correct design approach across the product.
- Mentor and coach other technical leaders and team member on latest best practices, development processes, architectural best practices to ensure excellent in web delivery.
- Proactively works with other leaders to resolve issues and help team meet project goals.
- Lead and contributes to process improvements in the software development lifecycle process.
- Proactively identifies new or emerging technologies that can solve current or anticipated problems and champion the business proposition for adopting the technology.
- Lead and contribute to troubleshooting system defects & performance issues.
- Exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Contacts pertain to significant matters often involving coordination among groups.
- Learning speed on new subsystems or technologies is expeditious.
- Ability to operate in an environment where direction or requirement is loosely defined. Ability to take high level strategic objectives and translate them into workable streams of work.
- Often assigned to work on most critical, challenging, and ill-defined projects and tasks.
- Prior B2C background where he/she was the lead architect/engineer for the sales funnel side of the business.
- Strong experience as a Software Engineer, demonstrating prior principal software engineering experience.
- Well versed with code of four or more other subsystems.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science; 10 + years’ experience as a Software Engineer.
- Expert in optimizing the delivery of the sales funnel by maximizing conversion rate, through technology optimization of the sales funnel.
- Expert in optimizing google score, inclusive of how it works and scores.
- Creatively contribute to development objectives and principles to achieve goals effectively.
- Able to lead the activities of others.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments.
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of .NET, C#, NodeJS, ReactJS, AWS
- Working knowledge of DevOp tools like Jenkins, Ansible, CloudFormation
The company offers 100% remote work. It's up to the employee to work in the office one day a week, a month or not at all!