Technical Delivery Manager (Product Owner/ Scrum Master)
- 8144 Walnut Hill Ln, Dallas, TX 75231, USA
One Technologies is a Dallas-based, privately held, direct-to-consumer products company that develops and markets ScoreSense® – an industry-leading online and mobile provider of consumer credit information, identity monitoring, and neighborhood alert services. By providing more than 1 million ScoreSense® subscribers continuous access to credit, identity theft, and family safety features, we strive to make life more secure for our members.
One Technologies has been recognized numerous times for our success, impressive growth, and progressive company culture by various trade publications and “Best Of” lists, including the Dallas Business Journal, Tech Titans Fast 50, and the Inc. 500. We’ve been recognized as the #1 fastest growing company in Dallas on the 2013-14 “SMU 100” list, and were also recently named to the 2021 “Best Companies to Work for in Texas” list, the seventh time we’ve received this honor.
One Technologies has been able to accomplish amazing things while maintaining a culture that is friendly and fun, yet driven to achieve greatness. More information about One Technologies is available at onetechnologies.net.
Seeking a motivated team player to assume responsibility by leading an engineering scrum team to ensure all key technology initiatives are delivered correctly and on-time to satisfy customer expectations. The right candidate will have experience and be comfortable spending 50-70% of their time as a Product Owner, 20-30% as a Scrum Master, and 10-20% of their time a Project Manger.
- Product Owner of the assigned engineering scrum team. Responsibilities inclusive of:
- Working with Product Managers, Development Managers, scrum team, and stakeholders to define what enters the product backlog and in what priority.
- Coordination with scrum team of software engineers and stakeholders (e.g. Data & Analytics) to obtain their input in order to decompose business-driven features (Epics) into clearly defined user stories for the scrum team to effectively deliver and test against.
- Become the initial point of contact for system capabilities questions from stakeholders to shield teams from distractions. For more complex system questions, the TDP should ensure ownership is transferred and accepted by a team member or Development Manager.
2. Scrum Master responsible for influencing and achieving OT's Agile practices. Inclusive of:
- Leading team ceremonies efficiently and effectively; balancing team feedback with OT standards.
- Holding the team accountable for sprint deliverables & addressing reoccurring inefficiencies.
- Coordinating with supporting teams to provide notice at least a sprint ahead of any significant work approaching & gaining acceptance from that team’s leader.
- Providing guidance, prioritization, organization and motivation for the team prior to and during each sprint to reduce blockers and maximize output.
- Partner with Product Managers to maintain plans and communicate progress of the team. This includes product roadmaps, scrum team metrics, and program/project status reporting.
- Identify and manage cross-functional and cross-technical team dependencies, while working with peer to ensure appropriate prioritization.
3. Minimize Organizational Dysfunction across the organization by:
- Being a process owner for their team(s) and their peers within the Project Management Office (PMO)
- Communicating accurate prioritization of work that impacts the Technology Department by performing their due diligence and ensuring clarification with Tech and Product Leadership.
- Ensuring plans and progress are clearly documented in Jira and/or Confluence for teams to follow.
- Working with department heads to ensure any new changes or alterations to existing guidelines, templates or processes are communicated effectively to stakeholders.
- Providing regular status updates to Tech leaders regarding team performance, progress with quarterly goals and ensure other teams are aware of changing information.
- 3+ years of combined experience performing the roles of Product Owner, Scrum Master, and/or Project Manager within an agile software-focused organization.
- 2+ years of experience managing multifaceted processes from inception to completion and support multi-level leadership with excellent communication to ensure project support and sponsorship
- Certified Scrum Master, Agile Certified Practitioner or equivalent certification would be preferred.
- Experience within either the Credit or web-driven ecommerce systems environment would be preferred.
- Experience of leading teams to implement solutions on a Cloud-based platform, such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud would be preferred.
- A highly motivated person that is passionate about collaborating with others to drive results and can motivate others to do the same to improve the organization.
- Someone who possesses a team-first mentality, has a good sense of humor, is open-minded, proactive and process driven.
- Sound technical experience with software development that can understand and translate business requests into consumable software development stories and vice versa.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a high attention to detail and impeccable time management skills.
- Ability to self-manage to identify problems, mediate issues, develop solutions, and implement appropriate courses of action.
- Highly proficient with MS Office, Jira and Confluence (or equivalent tools).
- Ability to expertly read, write and speak in the English language.
The company is 100% remote at this time, although candidates must be based in the DFW metroplex. When the office reopens, it's up to the employee to work in the office one day a week, a month or not at all!