Sr. SQL Database Administrator
- 8144 Walnut Hill Ln, Dallas, TX 75231, USA
- Employees can work remotely
One Technologies is a Dallas-based, privately held, direct-to-consumer products company that develops and markets ScoreSense® – an industry-leading online and mobile provider of consumer credit information, identity monitoring, and neighborhood alert services. By providing more than 1 million ScoreSense® subscribers continuous access to credit, identity theft, and family safety features, we strive to make life more secure for our members.
One Technologies has been recognized numerous times for our success, impressive growth, and progressive company culture by various trade publications and “Best Of” lists, including the Dallas Business Journal, Tech Titans Fast 50, and the Inc. 500. We’ve been recognized as the #1 fastest growing company in Dallas on the 2013-14 “SMU 100” list, and were also recently named to the 2021 “Best Companies to Work for in Texas” list, the seventh time we’ve received this honor.
One Technologies has been able to accomplish amazing things while maintaining a culture that is friendly and fun, yet driven to achieve greatness. More information about One Technologies is available at onetechnologies.net.
OT is looking for a Senior SQL DBA to make an impact to the team by providing expertise in Microsoft SQL Server, AWS and NoSQL databases, such as Couchbase. The role will work within a hybrid environment of cloud and on-perm data stores as a key contributor.
- Installation, administration and maintenance of standalone and clustered SQL Server and Couchbase database instances in development, testing, staging and production environments.
- Collaborate and assist with Cloud Architects to provide database operations and migration strategy that enables legacy systems to cloud computing services based on business and technical requirements.
- Design state-of-the-art technical solutions on AWS that address requirements for scalability, reliability, security, and performance with a more focus on database workloads that currently run on on-prem SQL Server.
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations.
- Deliver on assigned database infrastructure related projects with participation through project lifecycle that includes new software releases, patch upgrades, prevention of feature exploitation, security and audit.
- Troubleshoot various problems that arise in day-to-day work. Independently analyze, solve and correct issues in real time and providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Monitor and apply latest service packs for SQL Servers and Couchbase.
- Manage database security.
- Design database backup and restoration strategy. Monitor to ensure backups are done regularly. Recover database to specific point of time per the requests or during outages.
- Configure high-availability as part of a disaster recovery strategy for the databases.
- Proactive monitoring and performance tuning from physical server level, database level and query tuning.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Automate monitoring with Spotlight, System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) or other monitoring tools.
- Ensure data and databases are fully secured and comply with PCI regulations.
- Establish and maintain best practices and operational procedures and generally provide guidance on SQL Server operation.
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance after hours.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
- Strong MS SQL Server Administrator experience in an eCommerce production environment. Experience with Couchbase is preferred.
- Strong knowledge in database backups, restores and recovery models.
- Must be proficient in SQL replication that includes Transactional Replication, Always On Availability Groups (AG), mirroring, log shipping, maintenance plans and DR recovery strategies.
- Strong hands on experience in database performance tuning and optimization, using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools that includes Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard, Dynamic Management Views and Functions (DMVs) and other third-party tools.
- Strong experience with AWS (RDS, DynamoDB, Aurora), Azure or other cloud solutions.
- Strong experience with enterprise monitoring tools. Spotlight and Systems Center Operations Manager (SCOM), AppDynamics are preferred.
- Capable to develop T-SQL stored procedures, functions and PowerShell scripts to automate processes and improve system performance.
- Knowledge of data mapping with logical and physical data modeling.
- Expert in managing local and SAN data storage for SQL Server databases. Familiarity with Dell Compellent and HPE 3PAR storage is highly desired.
- Experience with Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2012 is mandatory. Exposure to Windows Server 2016 is a plus
- Experience with multiple versions of SQL Server (2008 -2017)
- Microsoft SQL Server certification(s) is a major plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Always flexible, a team player and has a “get-it-done” personality
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks to meet deadlines and provide qualitative deliverables with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in rapidly changing and fast paced environment.
The company is 100% remote at this time. When the office reopens, it's up to the employee to work in the office one day a week, a month or not at all!