Sr. Software Engineer
- 8144 Walnut Hill Ln, Dallas, TX 75231, USA
One Technologies is a Dallas-based, privately held, direct-to-consumer products company that develops and markets ScoreSense® – an industry-leading online and mobile provider of consumer credit information, identity monitoring, and neighborhood alert services. By providing more than 1 million ScoreSense® subscribers continuous access to credit, identity theft, and family safety features, we strive to make life more secure for our members.
One Technologies has been recognized numerous times for our success, impressive growth, and progressive company culture by various trade publications and “Best Of” lists, including the Dallas Business Journal, Tech Titans Fast 50, and the Inc. 500. We’ve been recognized as the #1 fastest growing company in Dallas on the 2013-14 “SMU 100” list, and were also recently named to the 2021 “Best Companies to Work for in Texas” list, the seventh time we’ve received this honor.
One Technologies has been able to accomplish amazing things while maintaining a culture that is friendly and fun, yet driven to achieve greatness. More information about One Technologies is available at onetechnologies.net.
One Technologies is seeking a mentor, technical leader and motivated Sr. Software Engineer to work within the engineering team to perform a variety of complex projects with a strong understanding of software development lifecycle. The role will facilitate full product development and maintenance efforts.
- Follows defined engineering process during the development lifecycle and implements functionality as described in design documentation. Able to work independently or in teams to complete assigned task.
- Demonstrates expert understanding of object-oriented design principles as reflected in working code. Performs peer code reviews to identify functional improvements and potential code regressions. Code is developed per defined coding standards, unit test code is thorough, code contains fewer defects than average and rarely requires cleanup/refactoring.
- Able to accurately estimate effort required to perform areas of work taking into consideration product and process requirements during the development lifecycle. Implementations are completed according to agreed upon schedule. Exceptions are rare.
- Able to create high and low-level design specifications to solve medium to complex problems. Identifies new ideas, tools, and process improvements to help team meet objectives.
- Demonstrates practical experience & expert understanding of the agile process. How to conduct, estimation, standups, retrospective, grooming, etc.
- Recognized as a domain expert in one or more areas of product functionality.
- Provides technical leadership and influence over other team members. Proactively works with other team members as needed to resolve issues and help team meet project goals.
- Able to coordinate his/her own work as well as the work required of others.
- Fosters teamwork within the group, proactively mentors, and develops team members by discussing new ideas.
- Uses customer understanding and knowledge of the relevant technologies to build a better product/service.
- Strong analytical skills, creative thinking ability and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good time management skills and self-motivated.
- Demonstrates mastery problem solving skills-designs seldom require re-work.
- Experience developing for AWS utilizing lambda functions, API gateway, ECS, S3, and many other AWS features.
- Familiarity with .NET, ASP.NET framework & C# or VB.NET is preferred.
- Demonstrates the ability to design extendable solutions and plan for future requirements.
- Proven work experience as a full stack web developer with emphasis on front end development and web delivery excellence.
- Software development background with an understanding of the software development lifecycle and the deliverable created during the development lifecycle.
- Familiarity with relevant software development tools and technologies used by the development organization like Jira, confluence, bitbucket, and others.
- Experience with Web Delivery excellence related to optimizing page load time and increasing Conversion Rate with technology.
- Experience developing with docker containers is preferred.
- Dedication to customer service.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, preferred Degree or master’s in computer science and 6 plus years of previous software development and design experience.
The company is 100% remote at this time. When the office reopens, it's up to the employee to work in the office one day a week, a month or not at all!