Sr. Data Engineer
- 8144 Walnut Hill Ln, Dallas, TX 75231, USA
One Technologies is a Dallas-based, privately held, direct-to-consumer products company that develops and markets ScoreSense® – an industry-leading online and mobile provider of consumer credit information, identity monitoring, and neighborhood alert services. By providing more than 1 million ScoreSense® subscribers continuous access to credit, identity theft, and family safety features, we strive to make life more secure for our members.
One Technologies has been recognized numerous times for our success, impressive growth, and progressive company culture by various trade publications and “Best Of” lists, including the Dallas Business Journal, Tech Titans Fast 50, and the Inc. 500. We’ve been recognized as the #1 fastest growing company in Dallas on the 2013-14 “SMU 100” list, and we're also named to the 2021 “Best Companies to Work for in Texas” list, the 7th time we’ve received this honor in recent years.
One Technologies has been able to accomplish amazing things while maintaining a culture that is friendly and fun, yet driven to achieve greatness. More information about One Technologies is available at onetechnologies.net.
One Technologies is seeking a Sr. Data Engineer responsible for assisting various departments in the organization with data needs, SSIS development, ad hoc queries, data exploration and provide support of the business intelligence web intranet. Additional responsibilities include designing data warehouses, requirements gathering, data retrieval and preparation of data structures from a variety of sources including SQL server, cloud databases and 3rd party exports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Gain an understanding of our business and data capabilities to serve as a subject matter expert of business operations and database structures.
- Meet with customers to understand data requests, and work with them to identify and close requirements gaps.
- Use multiple databases sources to retrieve, test and deliver data in a timely and efficient manner.
- Develop processes and SSIS application to perform data transformation.
- Train and learn data manipulation and transformation in Snowflake.
- Create technical documentation for a data request on an as-needed basis.
- Identify opportunities for creating and improving data load and optimize for maximum efficiency.
- Collaborate with other team members to build upon dataset results to create deeper insights.
- Coordinate code reviews with analysts and team members to ensure quality of data before turning over to customers.
- Partner with analytics leaders to identify opportunities of process improvement.
- Experience working with SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) development.
- Experience using PowerBI report building tools including online environment.
- Experience SnowFlake Cloud Platform preferred.
- Experian with Python programming language preferred.
- Experience delivering reporting or cloud-based data support.
- Able to work with little supervision and meet deadlines on a consistent basis.
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with a star-schema data warehouse preferred.
- Experience facilitating information and requirement gathering sessions.
- Experience using Jira or other workflow management tool.
- Proven ability to help guide customers in refining data needs.
- Show confidence in work relationships and be responsible for making others aware of issues, delays, and other needs. Should be able to talk comfortably with customers.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office. Must have experience working with Excel.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak in the English language.
- Experience helping coworkers organize tasks.
- Experience mentoring others.
- Candidate should possess the following personal traits: teachable, friendly, flexible, confident, and reliable.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution or equivalent work experience. At least 5 years of work-related experience.
To all recruitment agencies
One Technologies does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias, company recruiters or other One Technologies employees. One Technologies is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.