VP, Software Engineering
- 8144 Walnut Hill Ln, Dallas, TX 75231, USA
One Technologies is a Dallas-based, privately held, direct-to-consumer products company that develops and markets ScoreSense® – an industry-leading online and mobile provider of consumer credit information, identity monitoring, and neighborhood alert services. By providing more than 1 million ScoreSense® subscribers continuous access to credit, identity theft, and family safety features, we strive to make life more secure for our members.
One Technologies has been recognized numerous times for our success, impressive growth, and progressive company culture by various trade publications and “Best Of” lists, including the Dallas Business Journal, Tech Titans Fast 50, and the Inc. 500. We’ve been recognized as the #1 fastest growing company in Dallas on the 2013-14 “SMU 100” list, and were also recently named to the 2020 “Best Companies to Work for in Texas” list, the sixth time we’ve received this honor.
One Technologies has been able to accomplish amazing things while maintaining a culture that is friendly and fun, yet driven to achieve greatness. More information about One Technologies is available at onetechnologies.net.
One Technologies is seeking a highly motivated VP, of Software Engineering to lead our technology team. The successful candidate will collaborate closely with business and product owners to drive innovative ideas across our e-commerce platforms, continuously look for opportunities to improve processes, architecture and organization. The VP will also work with suppliers and technology partners and effectively manage geographically distributed teams of employees and contractors. In addition, the role will communicate progress, results and opportunities to business and technology executives.
- Coordinate efforts of the development team with Technical Delivery Partners, Product Owners, Testers, Technical Writers, Release Engineers, UX/UI Designers and internationalization experts in other parts of the organization in an Agile environment.
- Drive adoption of Cloud Native (AWS) Development and OT’s established Technology Standards.
- Facilitate, guide, and lead migration of on-prem applications to Amazon Web Services (AWS). Executive leader on the 2- 3-year Cloud migration strategy and roadmap that OT has developed over the last 12 months working with the Technology team and 3rd party consultants.
- Build, lead and mentor high performing development teams and ensure that all teams understand and use best practices in design, development, version control, etc. Furthermore, executive leader on the engineering vision and strategy to become a high-performing engineering organization.
- Evaluate progress and results of development efforts to ensure development teams improve efficiency and quality as they execute. Use good organizational, communication, and consensus-building skills to manage the development process.
- Develop and maintain a dashboard of key metrics that guides product priorities and drives action in the business.
- Work with the program team to understand requirements, evaluate features and scope, and design and deliver solutions.
- Provide regular progress reports to management.
- Ensures projects are estimated correctly and completed on time according to specifications and quality standards.
- Facilitates communication upward and across project team including project status, justifications for variances and technical information (architecture, design and implementation objectives).
- Demonstrated experience with AWS (3-5 years) and leading software engineering team to adopt and migrate on-prem application to AWS using Cloud native development and tools.
- Demonstrated experience managing large teams of engineers (internal and external) with ownership of high scale production web presence (8-12 years).
- Thorough knowledge of business function and in-depth knowledge of business operations, objectives and strategies.
- Deep understanding of design patterns, principles, and frameworks.
- Practical knowledge of operating in an Agile Sprint environment with a strong record of managing distributed engineering teams.
- Proven ability to creatively problem-solve for various types of issue in multiple disciplines.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s in engineering, Computer Science or related discipline required. Masters and/or PhD preferred. 10+ years of related work experience is required.
One Technologies offers attractive compensation, 100% company-paid health and dental insurance, short term and long term disability coverage, tuition reimbursement and flexible working hours in a casual, open, creative environment.