Director of Enterprise Data Assets (AWS / Snowflake)
- 8144 Walnut Hill Ln, Dallas, TX 75231, USA
One Technologies is a Dallas-based, privately held, direct-to-consumer products company that develops and markets ScoreSense® – an industry-leading online and mobile provider of consumer credit information, identity monitoring, and neighborhood alert services. By providing more than 1 million ScoreSense® subscribers continuous access to credit, identity theft, and family safety features, we strive to make life more secure for our members.
One Technologies has been recognized numerous times for our success, impressive growth, and progressive company culture by various trade publications and “Best Of” lists, including the Dallas Business Journal, Tech Titans Fast 50, and the Inc. 500. We’ve been recognized as the #1 fastest growing company in Dallas on the 2013-14 “SMU 100” list, and were also recently named to the 2018 “Best Companies to Work for in Texas” list, the 5th time we’ve received this honor in recent years.
One Technologies has been able to accomplish amazing things while maintaining a culture that is friendly and fun, yet driven to achieve greatness.
More information about One Technologies is available at onetechnologies.net.
The Director of Data Services will lead the development of enterprise data strategies, data architecture, assume overall responsibility for the enterprise data systems, and drive the overall strategic growth of our data environments. This role provides leadership for data integrity, architecture, modeling, security, DR and performance tuning in a 24x7 environment consisting of hosted, on premise and AWS / Snowflakes cloud based solutions. This key role is responsible for interacting with business stakeholders to understand business strategy, scenarios, gaps, issues and needs to create relevant data strategies and architectures that lead to positive business outcomes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and implement overall data strategy and data governance for the enterprise
- Lead the organization's effort to move the data tier (OLTP and OLAP) to AWS and Snowflakes cloud based data solutions to support the overall technology strategy to migrate to AWS
- Lead a team of Data Services professionals tasked with architecting, developing, and managing the data tier that runs OT’s business. This includes OLTP and OLAP environments.
- Responsible for collecting, analyzing and providing business data and metrics.
- Manage the strategy, architecture and implementation of a suite of systems for business information and interpretation.
- Define the key business and operational KPI’s in partnership with various business and technology stakeholders.
- Perform as a solution provider to the business by understanding business needs and implementation data solutions.
- Provide business reports, self-serve research capabilities and dashboards across the enterprise using PowerBI
- Utilize business data to analyze business performance and tie analytics to related system and business events across all applications and products.
- Thought leader in use of metrics used across Marketing, Product, Customer Care, Finance and Business Analytics
- Provide hands-on technical leadership to the development and operations teams responsible for all transactional and analytical data systems and solutions.
- Ensure operational effectiveness in performance, uptime, release management, storage and data security for all supported data systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field with 10+ years of experience required.
- A natural leader, able to merge technical and business requirements into solutions that can be consumed by all facets of OT’s business.
- Very strong technical skills in the areas of data architecture, data solutions design, SQL (Microsoft stack, AWS Aurora/S3, Snowflakes), and NoSQL (AWS DynamoDB/S3, Snowflakes). N1QL experience a plus.
- Experience in eCommerce or related consumer facing software product businesses supporting large customer bases.
- Experience with migration of databases, data warehouses, and datamarts to AWS
- Experience of using Snowflakes on AWS strategically into the the overall data architecture and solution
- Knowledge of business metrics related to an online subscription based consumer product.
- Familiarity with aspects of customer acquisition, clickstream, fulfillment cost, and long term value of customers.
- Experience working with complex and varied data sources and multi terabyte data sets.
- Experience working in team-oriented, agile and collaborative environments.
- Experience developing solutions with multiple data platforms including MSSQL, AWS Aurora, AWS DynamoDB, and Snowflakes.
- Strong experience with multiple data reporting platforms (Power BI, SSRS, etc).
- Proven analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities.
- Superior business acumen and mathmatical abilities
- Experience in database technology, architectures, SQL, NoSQL, AWS Cloud, ETL patterns and processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrated by facilitation, collaboration and conflict resolution.
- Proficient project management skills
- Advanced business development skills through formalized development processes and resource development.
One Technologies offers attractive compensation, 100% company-paid health and dental insurance, short term and long-term disability coverage, paid health club membership, tuition reimbursement and flexible working hours in a casual, open, creative environment.
To all recruitment agencies
One Technologies does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias, company recruiters or other One Technologies employees. One Technologies is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.