Data Platform Engineer (Data Insights)
- 8144 Walnut Hill Ln, Dallas, TX 75231, USA
One Technologies is a Dallas-based, privately held, direct-to-consumer products company that develops and markets ScoreSense® – an industry-leading online and mobile provider of consumer credit information, identity monitoring, and neighborhood alert services. By providing more than 1 million ScoreSense® subscribers continuous access to credit, identity theft, and family safety features, we strive to make life more secure for our members.
One Technologies has been recognized numerous times for our success, impressive growth, and progressive company culture by various trade publications and “Best Of” lists, including the Dallas Business Journal, Tech Titans Fast 50, and the Inc. 500. We’ve been recognized as the #1 fastest growing company in Dallas on the 2013-14 “SMU 100” list, and were also recently named to the 2018 “Best Companies to Work for in Texas” list, the 5th time we’ve received this honor in recent years.
One Technologies has been able to accomplish amazing things while maintaining a culture that is friendly and fun, yet driven to achieve greatness.
More information about One Technologies is available at onetechnologies.net.
The Data Platform Engineer will have responsibility for working on a variety of data projects. This includes designing and developing pipelines using modern data tools/architectures as well as engineering and supporting existing analytical data marts and ETL processing systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Engineers and maintains ELT processes for loading Snowflake “share house” and AWS data lake.
- Creates robust and automated data integration jobs for structured and unstructured data from source systems into analytical platforms using batch and streaming mechanisms leveraging cloud native toolset.
- Actively participate to construct and translate business requirements into technical designs to map and load data from source systems to data warehouses.
- Ensure quality and accuracy of the data mapped from staging environments to the target reporting environments.
- Responsible for communicating open items and issues to key stakeholders, including management, development teams and business areas.
- Researches data questions, identifies root causes, and interacts closely with business users and technical resources.
- Performance tunes queries and stored procedures to keep databases and applications optimized.
- Reduces OT technical debt over time with root cause identification and resolution of system problems.
- Participate in code reviews of Architectural Data Warehouse Design, ETL, SQL processes.
- Participate in design and analysis sessions with technical leads to ensure sound team decision-making and provide the best solutions.
- Participate in a rotating on-call schedule.
- Engineers and supports data structures including but not limited to SQL and NoSQL database
- Expert at relational database querying, debugging, and optimization.
- Experience building optimized data marts for reporting and analytics.
- Experience using component based ETL tools such as SSIS, Informatica, Pentaho, Matillion, etc.
- Experience with data analysis, data profiling, and data mapping.
- Demonstrate excellent analytical, conceptual, troubleshooting, debugging, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to develop SQL structures that support high volumes and scalability using RDBMS’s such as SQL Server, MySQL, Aurora, etc.
- Experience with data modeling and database design at the conceptual, logical, and physical level for Star Schema; knowledge of OLAP and OLTP constructs.
- Ability to model and design modern data structures.
- Experience engineering cloud solutions using SQL/NoSQL databases, Data Lakes, Cloud Data Warehouse. (Snowflake and AWS preferred)
- AWS certification preferred but not required prior to hiring.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or Computer Science from an accredited institution or the equivalent of 4+ years of work related Data Warehouse development experience desirable.
One Technologies offers attractive compensation, 100% company-paid health and dental insurance, short term and long-term disability coverage, paid health club membership, tuition reimbursement and flexible working hours in a casual, open, creative environment.
To all recruitment agencies
One Technologies does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias, company recruiters or other One Technologies employees. One Technologies is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.