Director, Data Science and Machine Learning
- 8144 Walnut Hill Ln, Dallas, TX 75231, USA
One Technologies is a Dallas-based, privately held, direct-to-consumer products company that develops and markets ScoreSense® – an industry-leading online and mobile provider of consumer credit information, identity monitoring, and neighborhood alert services. By providing more than 1 million ScoreSense® subscribers continuous access to credit, identity theft, and family safety features, we strive to make life more secure for our members.
One Technologies has been recognized numerous times for our success, impressive growth, and progressive company culture by various trade publications and “Best Of” lists, including the Dallas Business Journal, Tech Titans Fast 50, and the Inc. 500. We’ve been recognized as the #1 fastest growing company in Dallas on the 2013-14 “SMU 100” list, and were also recently named to the 2018 “Best Companies to Work for in Texas” list, the 5th time we’ve received this honor in recent years.
One Technologies has been able to accomplish amazing things while maintaining a culture that is friendly and fun, yet driven to achieve greatness.
More information about One Technologies is available at onetechnologies.net.
In this role, the Director will take ownership of the major Data Science functions - working directly with top-level business unit leaders to utilize their complex data to the fullest. This position will tackle every stage of these advanced analytical initiatives. This role is very hands-on and has a strong leadership presence. The Director will be leading projects from the start and own the plans to grow the team under this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and develop a team of Data Scientists and Data Engineers.
- Ability to write code to query and transform both unstructured and structured data.
- Use Python, SAS and/or SQL code to clean and investigate large, messy data sets of numerical and textual data.
- Utilize natural language processing (NLP) to mine unstructured data and create insights
- Analyze and model structured data using advanced ML methods such as CatBoost, XGBoost, and TensorFlow.
- Develop supervised and unsupervised machine learning models from development through testing.
- Create statistical profiles, models and segmentation schemes to drive profitable business solutions.
- Design rich data visualizations to communicate complex ideas to company leaders.
- Investigate the impact of new technologies on the future of the FinTech space.
- Ensure alignment of business deliverables to business and IT strategies and priorities.
- Conceptualize new research ideas while building prototypes and proof-of-concepts both individually and in collaboration with other data scientists.
- Identify external sources of data (open data, social media data) to combine with existing data sources for new insights.
- Provide technical leadership of data platform design and implementations while framing our data/analytic capabilities to describe our future strategic vision.
- Experience in advanced analytics, as well as a focus in applied research with expertise in pattern mining, anomaly detection, predictive modeling, classification, and optimization.
- Solid experience in an e-commerce business showing increased levels of responsibility.
- Ability to move data around, from a database or an API, through a transformation or two, a model and into human-readable form (ROC curve, Excel chart, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Knowledgeable in Python, SQL, and SAS.
- Solid experience with machine learning.
- Demonstrated experience with relational databases
- Knowledge of deployment of AI/ML models in the AWS cloud using tools such as Jupyter Notebooks, Kubernetes, Kubeflow, and/or SnowFlake is useful, but not required.
- Excellent project management skills in working with business owners from ideation to development.
- Stellar communication both written and verbal
- Great time management skills
One Technologies offers attractive compensation, 100% company-paid health and dental insurance, short term and long-term disability coverage, paid health club membership, tuition reimbursement and flexible working hours in a casual, open, creative environment.
To all recruitment agencies
One Technologies does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias, company recruiters or other One Technologies employees. One Technologies is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.