Senior Software QA Engineer
- 8144 Walnut Hill Ln, Dallas, TX 75231, USA
One Technologies is a Dallas-based, privately held, direct-to-consumer products company that develops and markets ScoreSense® – an industry-leading online and mobile provider of consumer credit information, identity monitoring, and neighborhood alert services. By providing more than 1 million ScoreSense® subscribers continuous access to credit, identity theft, and family safety features, we strive to make life more secure for our members.
One Technologies has been recognized numerous times for our success, impressive growth, and progressive company culture by various trade publications and “Best Of” lists, including the Dallas Business Journal, Tech Titans Fast 50, and the Inc. 500. We’ve been recognized as the #1 fastest growing company in Dallas on the 2013-14 “SMU 100” list, and were also recently named to the 2018 “Best Companies to Work for in Texas” list, the 5th time we’ve received this honor in recent years.
One Technologies has been able to accomplish amazing things while maintaining a culture that is friendly and fun, yet driven to achieve greatness.
More information about One Technologies is available at onetechnologies.net.
Senior Software QA Engineers are expected to perform a variety of complex project tasks independently and in teams. The Senior Software QA Engineer has a strong understanding of the software development lifecycle and is highly proficient in one or more technologies used in the software test department. The Senior Software QA Engineer continues to enhance technical skills and is able to provide guidance and direction to help make critical technical and project related decisions. They also work with other departments in Technology to facilitate full product development and maintenance efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop customer -focused test plans
- Set up and maintain testing environments
- Perform complex test cases and maintain associated test records
- Develop and utilize automated test scripts to perform duties
- Assume a QA project or team leader position within the organization
- Follows defined engineering process during the development lifecycle
- Performs peer test reviews to identify improvements to test plans
- Identifies new ideas, tools, and process improvements to help team meet objectives
- Participates in agile estimation taking into consideration product and process requirements during the development lifecycle
- Recognized as an expert in one or more areas of product functionality
- Provides technical leadership and influence to other team members
- Assists in the process with development in order to provide timely and accurate resolution to critical customer issues
- Proactively works with other team members as needed to resolve issues and meet project goals
- Coordinates hi/her own work as well as the work required from others
- Fosters teamwork within the group, proactively mentors, develops team members
- Demonstrates mastery of problem solving skills-test plans seldom require re-work
- Able to design test plan for future requirements
- Uses customer understanding and knowledge of the relevant technologies to measure the quality of a better product/service
- Proven experience software testing and test plan design
- Understanding of the software development life cycle and the deliverable created during the development life cycle
- Strong analytical skills, creative and critical thinking ability and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with relevant quality assurance industry standard best practices and methodologies
- Dedication to customer satisfaction
ADDITIONAL IDEAL: AWS/CICD Skills
- Able to check logs in Elastic search and troubleshoot when needed
- Query Snowflake
- Understand the CI/CD process
- Worked with Jenkins
- Experience with working on any AWS - Dynamo DB
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent time management skills
AUTOMATION: (Perk + Nice to Have for 2020)
- Creating automaton scripts
- Build Framework Experience
- Required and will need to be capable of this next year
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from a credited university or related industry experience required.
- 4+ years of previous software testing and test plan designer experience or 5+ years as a software engineer and 6+ months of testing experience
One Technologies offers attractive compensation, 100% company-paid health and dental insurance, short term and long-term disability coverage, paid health club membership, tuition reimbursement and flexible working hours in a casual, open, creative environment.
To all recruitment agencies
One Technologies does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias, company recruiters or other One Technologies employees. One Technologies is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.