Senior Data Platform Engineer
- 8144 Walnut Hill Ln, Dallas, TX 75231, USA
One Technologies is a Dallas-based, privately held, direct-to-consumer products company that develops and markets ScoreSense® – an industry-leading online and mobile provider of consumer credit information, identity monitoring, and neighborhood alert services. By providing more than 1 million ScoreSense® subscribers continuous access to credit, identity theft, and family safety features, we strive to make life more secure for our members.
One Technologies has been recognized numerous times for our success, impressive growth, and progressive company culture by various trade publications and “Best Of” lists, including the Dallas Business Journal, Tech Titans Fast 50, and the Inc. 500. We’ve been recognized as the #1 fastest growing company in Dallas on the 2013-14 “SMU 100” list, and were also recently named to the 2018 “Best Companies to Work for in Texas” list, the 5th time we’ve received this honor in recent years.
One Technologies has been able to accomplish amazing things while maintaining a culture that is friendly and fun, yet driven to achieve greatness.
More information about One Technologies is available at onetechnologies.net.
The Data Platform Engineer will have responsibility for working on a variety of data projects. This includes orchestrating pipelines using modern Big Data tools/architectures as well as design and engineering of existing transactional processing systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides leadership and direction for data engineering and design across multiple projects and functional areas.
- Advises on performance optimizations and best practices for scalable data models, pipelines and queries.
- Creates robust and automated pipelines to ingest and process structured and unstructured data from source systems into analytical platforms using batch and streaming mechanisms leveraging cloud native toolset
- Implement custom applications using tools such as Kinesis, Lambda and other AWS tools as required to address streaming use cases
- Engineers and supports data structures including but not limited to SQL and NoSQL databases
- Engineers and maintain ELT processes for loading Snowflake “share house” and AWS data lake
- Engineers API’s for returning data from these structures to the Enterprise Applications
- Leverages the right tools for the right job to deliver testable, maintainable, and modern data solutions
- Supports application team development by writing stored procedures, functions and the like according to scrum team stories
- Works with other scrum team members to estimate and deliver work inside of a sprint
- Researches data questions, identifies root causes, and interacts closely with business users and technical resources
- Performance tunes queries and stored procedures to keep databases and applications optimized
- Reduces OT technical debt over time with root cause identification and resolution of system problems
- Able to create modern data pipelines using tools such as AWS Kinesis and Lambda, StreamSets, etc.
- Ability to develop SQL structures that support high volumes and scalability using RDBMS’s such as SQL Server, MySQL, Aurora, etc.
- Ability to model and design modern data structures, SQL/NoSQL databases, Data Lakes, Cloud Data Warehouse (SnowFlake preferred)
- Experience building transactional databases.
- Proficient at writing and debugging TSQL-based stored procedures against large and complex databases/data systems.
- Python programming experience preferred
- Prefer experience engineering solutions in AWS
- AWS certification preferred but not required prior to hiring
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution with a Computer Information Systems focus or related field
- 2+ years of experience in .Net environment
One Technologies offers attractive compensation, 100% company-paid health and dental insurance, short term and long-term disability coverage, paid health club membership, tuition reimbursement and flexible working hours in a casual, open, creative environment.
To all recruitment agencies
One Technologies does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias, company recruiters or other One Technologies employees. One Technologies is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.