Business Intelligence Report Developer
- 8144 Walnut Hill Ln, Dallas, TX 75231, USA
One Technologies is a Dallas-based, privately held, direct-to-consumer products company that develops and markets ScoreSense® – an industry-leading online and mobile provider of consumer credit information, identity monitoring, and neighborhood alert services. By providing more than 1 million ScoreSense® subscribers continuous access to credit, identity theft, and family safety features, we strive to make life more secure for our members.
One Technologies has been recognized numerous times for our success, impressive growth, and progressive company culture by various trade publications and “Best Of” lists, including the Dallas Business Journal, Tech Titans Fast 50, and the Inc. 500. We’ve been recognized as the #1 fastest growing company in Dallas on the 2013-14 “SMU 100” list, and were also recently named to the 2018 “Best Companies to Work for in Texas” list, the 5th time we’ve received this honor in recent years.
One Technologies has been able to accomplish amazing things while maintaining a culture that is friendly and fun, yet driven to achieve greatness.
More information about One Technologies is available at onetechnologies.net.
As a Business Intelligence Report Developer, you will be the champion of OT reporting and intranet development. You will have the opportunity to develop a single source of truth to support then entire OT organization including senior leadership. We are looking for an enthusiastic, curious, and innovative team member with a drive to deliver quality initiatives and who is detail oriented. You will work closely with the larger Business Intelligence and Analysis team in the support of the Enterprise Data Assets team to develop web based and PowerBI reporting which will utilize a variety of data sources. In addition, you will help to support legacy reporting and research questions on all reporting originating from the Business Intelligence team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand your business stakeholders’ objectives, key metrics, and how they measure their performance.
- Develop adhoc reporting utilizing various tools such as SQL, Microsoft Office (Excel), Power BI, MS Visual Studio and similar tools.
- Act as the subject matter expert of business data, database structures, business rules and the owner of intranet development and support.
- Utilize best practices displaying large amounts of data visually and effectively, while adequately documenting analysis, designs and results.
- Deep functional knowledge or hands on design experience with Web Services is needed to be successful in this position.
- Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to E-Commerce applications is a plus.
- Meet with internal customers to gather required reporting and dashboard requirements, working with them to identify and close requirement gaps.
- Identify and understand the correct data sources for a given analysis.
- Create technical documentation for adhoc reporting and data request on an as-needed basis.
- Identify opportunities to automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
- Coordinate code reviews with data analysts to ensure quality of data.
- Train analysts and business users on report usage and interpretation.
- 5+ years of recent experience business intelligence or comparable data engineering role, including data warehousing and business intelligence tools, techniques and technologies.
- Demonstrated experience in a report development, business analytics, business intelligence or comparable role, with proven experience as a report, campaign/list pull, or data analyst.
- Utilize business intelligence tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Qlikview and more.
- Proven ability to guide customers in refining data needs.
- Ability to facilitate information and requirements gathering sessions.
- Ability to write and troubleshoot new and existing SQL queries.
- Ability to write and troubleshoot new and existing intranet web reports
- Performance tuning/Optimization experience related to reporting queries.
- Experience working with a star-schema data warehouse.
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Office with an advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Experience using Jira or other workflow management tool.
- Advanced experience working with SQL Server Management Studio.
- Advanced experience working with Microsoft Visual Studio
- Experience with Microsoft business intelligence tools, techniques and technologies a plus - SQL Server, SSRS & PowerBI.
- Familiar with Development and Debugging tools for cross-browser issues.
- Show confidence in work relationships and be responsible for making others aware of issues, delays and other needs.
One Technologies offers attractive compensation, 100% company-paid health and dental insurance, short term and long-term disability coverage, paid health club membership, tuition reimbursement and flexible working hours in a casual, open, creative environment.
To all recruitment agencies
One Technologies does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias, company recruiters or other One Technologies employees. One Technologies is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.