Junior Staff Accountant (Contract to Hire)
- Walnut Hill Ln., Dallas, TX
One Technologies is a Dallas-based, privately held, direct-to-consumer products company that develops and markets ScoreSense® – an industry-leading online and mobile provider of consumer credit information, identity monitoring, and neighborhood alert services. By providing more than 1 million ScoreSense® subscribers continuous access to credit, identity theft, and family safety features, we strive to make life more secure for our members.
One Technologies has been recognized numerous times for our success, impressive growth, and progressive company culture by various trade publications and “Best Of” lists, including the Dallas Business Journal, Tech Titans Fast 50, and the Inc. 500. We’ve been recognized as the #1 fastest growing company in Dallas on the 2013-14 “SMU 100” list, and were also recently named to the 2018 “Best Companies to Work for in Texas” list, the 5th time we’ve received this honor in recent years.
One Technologies has been able to accomplish amazing things while maintaining a culture that is friendly and fun, yet driven to achieve greatness.
More information about One Technologies is available at onetechnologies.net.
This newly created position assists the Accounting team with various accounting tasks including a/p, PO’s, daily cash entries, journal entries, account reconciliations, month-end close, expense report review, vendor contact updates, and special projects as assigned. This position assist with both A/P and Accounting processes and assists the accounting department with maintaining internal controls.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with basic monthly account reconciliations and balancing to subledgers in Great Plains
- Record daily cash entries in Great Plains cash subledger. Records miscellaneous deposits and adjustments in Great Plains.
- Assist with reconciling daily cash activity between the General Ledger and the Bank
- Assist with Accounts Receivable payment posting and month-end reconciliation tie-out
- Review email daily for vendor invoices, credit memos, vendor statements, W9 updates, banking updates, name changes, inquiries, etc.
- Email invoices into KwikTag and index them, verifying against current contracts and that payment terms and comments conform to other similar invoices.
- Review the weekly payment run (check, ACH, wire) prepared by the Accounting team to ensure all invoices needing approval are approved and posted prior to the current week payment run.
- Respond to vendor inquiries or statement discrepancies as soon as possible.
- Performs bank reconciliations in Great Plains daily and submits monthly for approval
- Record the semi-monthly journal entry for Employee Expense Reports (download/upload)
- Assist with reviews of Employee expense reports ensuring compliance with company policy and send out communication where needed.
- Prepare recurring and adjusting journal entries as part of the month end close. Investigates account variances to trend and records adjusting entries as needed
- Assist in researching and explaining budget variances for month-end close
- Review monthly set of Financial statements for accuracy which may require footing, checking formulas and formatting where needed
- Run monthly report from Great Plains to review Vendor age of our W9’s for active vendors and request updated W9’s when W9’s are found to be over 2 years old.
- Review and updates vendor master report for inactive vendors each quarter and sends to Legal team and Accounting Manager
- Run weekly “Vendors on Hold” report to update where needed
- Assist in annual audit requests (PBC’s) as needed and assist with pulling samples for the audit where needed.
- Assist in explaining flux variances identified by audit team.
- Assist the Accounting Manager with running monthly financial reports for management, formatting and copying comments (when needed)
- Learn the KwikTag workflow and document system and assist other users with passwords resets or basic training
- Assist with miscellaneous Administrative duties in KwikTag usually needed for changes in personnel and departmental changes
- Assist Accounting team with any special projects and research as needed
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products with emphasis on MS Excel. Advanced user skills required include filtering, pivot tables. macros and VLookups
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plains helpful but not required; experience with a general report writing tool is helpful
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with a sense of urgency as needed, and strong communication skills (verbal or email) are required
- Ability to investigate and analyze financial variances and provide timely and accurate explanations for variances identified
- Experience as part of a small accounting team environment backing up coworkers and cross-training in all areas
- Ability to document procedures in detail to assist with cross-training
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and provide frequent updates on progress
- Must be able to multi-task and handle multiple projects concurrently to meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritize work and to ask for assistance when needed
- Not afraid to ask questions and ask for help when needed to avoid rework or mistakes
- A positive – “can do” attitude is essential to fit in with our company and team culture
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of all information
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting strongly preferred with 2-3 years of relevant experience
One Technologies offers attractive compensation, 100% company-paid health and dental insurance, short term and long-term disability coverage, paid health club membership, tuition reimbursement and flexible working hours in a casual, open, creative environment.
To all recruitment agencies
One Technologies does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias, company recruiters or other One Technologies employees. One Technologies is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.