Senior Security Engineer / Information Security
- 8144 Walnut Hill Ln, Dallas, TX 75231, USA
One Technologies is a Dallas-based, privately held, direct-to-consumer products company that develops and markets ScoreSense® – an industry-leading online and mobile provider of consumer credit information, identity monitoring, and neighborhood alert services. By providing more than 1 million ScoreSense® subscribers continuous access to credit, identity theft, and family safety features, we strive to make life more secure for our members.
Our commitment to building responsive, elegantly designed credit and security products for consumers has ignited a massive surge in growth. Over the past few years, One Technologies has grown from around 30 employees to over 175, and our annual revenues have skyrocketed.
One Technologies has been recognized numerous times for our success, impressive growth, and progressive company culture by various trade publications and “Best Of” lists, including the Dallas Business Journal, Tech Titans Fast 50, and the Inc. 500. We’ve been recognized as the #1 fastest growing company in Dallas on the 2013-14 “SMU 100” list, and were also recently named to the 2018 “Best Companies to Work for in Texas” list, the 5th time we’ve received this honor.
One Technologies has been able to accomplish amazing things while maintaining a culture that is friendly, fun and driven to achieve greatness.
More information about One Technologies is available at onetechnologies.net.
Make no mistake, this position is for those that like to be challenged, question the status quo, innovate, and enjoy every day being different from the last. You will work with a high-energy and fun team who loves the challenge of information security. We enjoy breaking, troubleshooting, protecting and fixing. We love to evangelize on security and truly believe that education is the foundation to more secure organization. If you have a passion for cybersecurity and are interested in an exciting role working for the organization that embodies security, then this job is for you.
Summary Description of Position:
As Sr. Security Engineer, you will work with the Director of Information Security to safeguard our organization’s computer networks and systems. You will be expected to plan and carry out security measures to monitor and protect sensitive data and systems from threats, both internal and external. As a Sr. Security Engineer, you will work closely with our Infrastructure, Development, Release and Architecture teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Review and audit configuration of enterprise firewalls and network platform that includes IPS, AV, URL filtering, Application Control, Mobile Access, Anti-Spam, Anti-Bot, and others as needed.
· Administer enterprise security information and event management (SIEM) program. Configure and maintain event feeds and appropriate logging levels from all relevant sources.
· Monitor, Triage, Respond, and Escalate security incidents.
· Participate in internal vulnerability assessment and internal audit functions against One Technology systems and networks. Provide reports of findings and recommendations for security enhancements.
· Perform threat modeling on existing and upcoming feature sets for new applications so that appropriate security controls can be built from the ground up.
· Review security advisories and reports and work closely with the Systems and Dev Ops teams in any follow up investigation or remediation.
· Deliver enterprise security control systems.
· Make recommendations for, and drive adoption of new technology to meet security control objectives.
· Review and recommend system security policies.
· Develop, maintain and update security documentation, networking maps, and system diagrams and topologies.
· May provide coaching and review of work for lower level staff
· Works to achieve operational targets with significant impact on departmental results.
· Works independently under limited supervision.
· May be responsible for entire projects or processes within job area.
· Miscellaneous duties as assigned
· B.S. in Information Technology or related field (Experience and/or Industry Certifications may be substituted in lieu of degree)
· Current industry certifications are a plus. (Associate of ISC2, SSCP, CCNA, CISSP or CCSA)
· 5 years minimum related work experience required
· Experience with Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure and Web Application Firewalls (WAF) preferred
· 2 years Hands On expertise with log management type tools e.g. LogRhythm, ELK, Splunk, Alert Logic required
· 3 – 5 years’ experience with Vulnerability Scanning tools e.g. Qualys, Nessus etc. required
· 3 – 5 years’ experience with implementing security controls throughout the OSI model required
· Proven ability to evaluate and drive security control adoption.
· Programming and/or scripting experience a plus.
· Ability to demonstrate and support the 3 Company Core Traits:
o Think Team
o Celebrate Diversity
o Stay Curious
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills
· Excellent customer service skills and ability to work with vendors and staff
· Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
One Technologies offers attractive compensation, 100% company-paid health and dental insurance, short term and long-term disability coverage, paid health club membership, tuition reimbursement and flexible working hours in a casual, open, creative environment.
To all recruitment agencies
One Technologies does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias, company recruiters or other One Technologies employees. One Technologies is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.