Data and Imaging Scientist
- 2104 Market St, Philadelphia, PA 19103, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Oncora builds software to help physicians and scientists collect and use real-world data to improve outcomes for cancer patients. We deploy machine learning algorithms in the clinical workflow to predict and prevent unplanned hospitalizations, understand survival, and mitigate disease recurrence. Our suite of software includes: a data capture system for oncology clinical care that integrates with EMRs, a semantic data warehouse to harmonize data from EMRs, cancer registries, and radiology software (PACS), and an intuitive patient cohort analyzer. In addition to our software products, we amass real-world, regulatory-grade oncology data and partner with leading biopharma companies to design and execute modern clinical programs.
About the role:
We are looking for a Data and Imaging Scientist to join our team to design and execute on data driven projects for biopharma customers involving real world oncology and imaging data. The role may also include building machine learning, statistics, and medical imaging pipelines and performing machine learning research. You will collaborate with Oncora product leaders and engineers, as well as with clinicians and researchers at major academic medical institutions. We are an agile team taking on a large problem, so we need teammates that hold themselves accountable to continuously push themselves and Oncora forward to benefit cancer patients.
- Ph.D. with thesis work related to medical imaging, machine learning, data science, or some combination thereof, OR convincing, equivalent experience in industry
- Software engineering experience including data wrangling, pre-processing, and statistics ideally with Pandas or similar data analysis technology. Comfort with SQL
- Fluency with a functional or imperative language (we use Python)
- Familiarity with modern containerized environments (we use Docker & Kubernetes)
Compensation, Benefits, and Perks:
- Salary: $90k-$110k +/- equity compensation
- 401k, health and dental insurance, flexible vacation, paid parental leave and more!
What to expect in the hiring process:
- Introductory phone call with the Head of Operations (30 minutes zoom call)
- Phone interview with company leadership (60 min zoom call)
- Phone interview Engineering Team (60 minute zoom call)
- Final stages, potential follow-up interviews, and offer discussions
Sorry, we do not offer visa sponsorships at this time.
Oncora Medical is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, religious creed, disability, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.