Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack)
- 2104 Market St, Philadelphia, PA 19103, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Oncora is an oncology software and data company dedicated to helping physicians and scientists collect and use real-world data to improve outcomes for cancer patients. Our machine learning algorithms, which are deployed in active clinical environments, accurately predict oncology outcomes such as unplanned hospitalization, survival, and recurrence. Our software products include: a data capture system for radiation oncology clinical care, a data warehouse that leverages connections other healthcare software systems such as EMRs, PACS, to amass real-world, regulatory-grade oncology data, a machine learning platform to train and validate predictive models of key oncology events, a publicly-facing machine learning API to power external software tools, and a virtual clinical trial platform that allows pharma and device companies to leverage automated medical image analysis to advance new technologies in the fight to cure cancer. We work with world-leading cancer centers such as MD Anderson and Northwell Health, global device companies such as Varian Medical Systems, and innovative biopharma companies. Our team is mission-driven to its core.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced engineer to join our mission driven team to help develop our data platform that integrates and transforms multiple imperfect and messy healthcare data sources into clean, usable data so that we can learn from every cancer patient.
As a core member of our Platform and Integrations team, you will play a vital role in designing and building our core data platform and helping scale it to serve additional hospitals. You will lead major improvements to our data infrastructure and apply your skills in software development, architecture and data modeling to get things done.
We are a small team trying to tackle a very large problem, so we need teammates that are ultimately accountable to themselves and continuously push themselves, the product and the organization forward.
What you will be doing:
- Gaining a deep understanding of oncology data and clinical workflows to be a better champion for our users
- Working with product and engineering leadership to build a performant, user-friendly web application
- Improving our frontend architecture as we expand our suite of products to meet a variety of clinical use cases
- Adding new functionality to our GraphQL and REST APIs to support new product features
- Instrumenting our API layer for metric collection, monitoring and alerting
- Integrating the data generated by our data capture tool into our data platform and descriptive analytics product
- Providing feedback (both design and code) to your peers
- A solid base of software engineering experience, typically 5-8+ years, in a modern single-page application environment
- Strong foundation in programming, algorithms, and software application design
- Tendency to seek simple, elegant solutions to complex problems
- Ability to analyze and optimize existing solutions
- Familitiary with various database technologies, including relational, document, key/value, columnar, etc (we use Postgres, Redis, MongoDB)
- Experience with cloud computing providers (we use AWS)
- Familiarity with modern containerized environments (we use Docker & Kubernetes)
- Experience with healthcare data standards and integrations (HL7, FHIR, DICOM, etc.)
- End-to-end experience leading greenfield products from inception to release
- Experience with data visualization techniques and libraries
Compensation, Benefits, and Perks:
- Salary: $110k-$170k plus equity compensation
- 401k, health and dental insurance, flexible vacation, paid parental leave
- eBooks, online courses, home office budget
- Events: happy hours, team dinners, conversations with oncologists (will return soon!)
- Work with smart, passionate people on a product that will have a direct impact on the lives of cancer patients
What to expect in the hiring process:
- Introductory phone call with the Head of Operations (30 minutes zoom call)
- Phone interview with VP of Engineering (60 min zoom call)
- A small take-home code challenge
- Virtual onsite, including a technical discussion, engineering team meet, and co-founder meet (90-120 minute zoom call)
- Final stages, potential follow-up interviews, and offer discussions
Sorry, we do not offer visa sponsorships at this time.
Oncora Medical is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, religious creed, disability, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.