Full Stack Engineer
- 254 W 54th St, New York, NY 10019, USA
- Employees can work remotely
On The Stage is an all-in-one online SaaS platform designed for school, community, and independent theatre makers by theatre professionals with real experience in the tech industry.
We make Broadway caliber technology tools to help live arts producers achieve their creative and financial goals. Our end-to-end SaaS platform includes a comprehensive online ticketing system, public-facing promotional portals, adaptable audience engagement features, live capture and streaming software, and best-in-class support. Our customers produce and manage live and virtual events, increase ticket sales, save time, and elevate the stature of their program with their audience and in the community. Over 900 venues have sold over 800,000 tickets via our platform.
We were founded a Tony Award winning producer and serial tech entrepreneurs with multiple $8 figure exits between them and funded by a group of angel investors experienced in both tech and the Arts who are focused on empowering theatre markers with great technology.
Creativity thrives when artists and educators have the resources they need.
Live Art is most successful in a sustainable environment of mutual appreciation and exchange with its audience.
Everyone deserves access to the tools and support they need to bring their visions into the world.
We’re in the business of technology, but in service to the arts. For more information about On The Stage, visit: www.OnTheStage.com .
Senior Full Stack Engineer
Looking to join a fast-paced, dynamic group of developers on the cutting edge of entertainment technology? We've accomplished a lot in just a few short years but we’re just getting started! As an early member of the development team, you will play a critical role in building the world's best ticketing platform using best in class technology.
- Help lead the design, architecture, and execution of fluid and responsive web applications.
- Develop the platform using a modern, open source stack: You will continue to develop on top of an existing software stack that includes React, Node.js, MySQL, MongoDB and AWS. In addition to the aforementioned, we continuously evaluate and adopt new open source technologies best suited to solve the needs of our clients
- Excellent knowledge of leading web browsers and their troubleshooting and debugging practices and techniques
- Execute end-to-end ownership and accountability over the projects assigned to you
- When required, a willingness to be a broad generalist, wear many hats, and lend a hand to react to changing requirements
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks, work autonomously, and understand technical trade-offs
- A minimum of 5 years in building large, scalable web applications
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience with AWS cloud architecture and implementation
- 2+ Years Experience with MySQL
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally, collaborate, influence and work as part of a team
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Experience in prioritizing feature requests and challenging institutional thinking.
- A good eye for the overall user experience
- A solid understanding of wireframing, user interaction and visual design.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to deftly navigate a path between the needs of the business, the needs of the end user, and the available technology to find the best win/win solution
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science
- Bonus if you have a background or a strong interest in the Performing Arts Industry and/or a box office, ticketing or a related live event space
Must be authorized to work in the United States. This is a full time job with competitive salary + benefits, including 401K. Equity may be available. Some nights/weekends may be required as needed.