Geotechnical Engineering Manager
- Charlottetowne Ave, Charlotte, NC 28204, USA
We are a recruiting firm with decades of experience and have successfully placed candidates in engineering positions for over 15 years. Our recruiters look forward to reviewing your resume, scheduling a conversation and walking you through the interview process.
Our geotechnical staff is immersed in an exciting, fast-paced working environment that allows a good balance of field and office work. We are involved in many exciting projects across the state that often present unique engineering/geologic challenges and enable us to grow professionally every day. If you are interested in joining the fun and professional geotechnical team at Stewart, and you consider yourself a strong leader, please apply today!
- As manager of the group, you will be responsible for the growth and management of the geotechnical engineering service line.
- An important aspect to job is developing business and cultivating new clients. This will require getting out and getting involved in the community, professional organizations, and industry events.
- The first step to winning work is preparing thorough, responsive proposals. You will lead proposal efforts and prepare work scopes and project budgets.
- Happy clients are repeat clients, so you’ll foster client relationships.
- With assistance from the Practice Leader, you will create service line budgets and prepare strategies to grow an economically successful/profitable group.
- In this position you will manage geotechnical projects covering various sectors of the market. As a senior engineer, you will be expected to manage and/or assist with complex projects and clients.
- All of our hard work is for naught if we don’t present it all in an orderly, concise manner - hence the importance of our reports and other deliverables. In this position you will prepare reports, which includes data entry/digitizing geotechnical logs, preparing maps and illustrations, creating narratives, etc. You will also be responsible for reviewing reports and other deliverable prepared by your staff.
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering required.
Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering with Geotechnical concentration preferred.
Ten years or greater of progressive geotechnical engineering experience required.
Candidate must hold an active Professional Engineers (PE) license in the State of practice.
Experience working with geotechnical engineering software such as gINT, LPILE, APILE, GSTABL (or similar) required.
Experience with drafting software (AutoCAD or MicroStation) required.
Experience working on NCDOT bridge and roadway projects required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.