Senior Frontend Engineer - Acquisition Team (m / f / d)
- Schönhauser Allee 180, 10119 Berlin, Germany
Omio is pursuing a vision of bringing global transport into a single distribution system and creating end to end magical consumer journeys. While the whole world of air, hotels or car rental is normalized, rail, bus, ferries, airport transfer, all forms of ground transport are fragmented on a local level.
Omio is the largest source of inventory with 1000+ suppliers operating in 35 countries in Europe and North America. Along with their two brands, Rome2Rio used for global discovery, and Omio used for ticketing and journeys, they attract 600m+ users on a yearly basis while continuing to launch new geographies, new verticals and new products as they scale. It’s a team based in Berlin, with offices in Prague, Beijing, Melbourne and NY.
They are a team of more than 350 passionate employees from more than 45 countries who share the same vision: to create a single tool to help send travellers almost anywhere in Europe, the U.S. and Canada.
The role & what you bring to the table:
We are searching for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our awesome Berlin team and play a key role in delivering technology solutions to improve user acquisition and activation through our organic marketing channels. This is an excellent opportunity to drive key decisions in the technology space and work at the intersection of marketing, technology, and customer experiences.
At Omio, we share a common goal of “making travel easy.” We believe we’re helping scope the future of travel and want you to help us on our journey!
You will join the Acquisition Tribe in Berlin - we are Omio’s Marketing Tech arm. You will become a part of the Organic Acquisition Team that is responsible for the company’s large-scale content delivery on landing pages. We are building systems to increase efficiency and drive quality traffic to Omio through different search engines. We own our mission end-to-end, we manage infrastructure, build data pipelines, work on enhancing our own in-house micro-frontend framework, deliver performant user flows, and tracking solutions.
What you will do:
- Design and implement state-of-art front-end architecture in a distributed, high-scale, and mission-critical environment.
- Create robust frontend solutions using state-of-the-art technologies. You will build components that are used throughout all of Omio’s frontends (mobile, desktop, apps)
- Contribute to various types of systems, such as our in-house Micro-frontend system, Landing Pages, etc.
- Work in close collaboration with our Engineering / Marketing teams to deliver the best user experience at the beginning of the user journey.
- Apply your engineering experience to automate processes and help to guide the team during decision making.
Tools that will help you:
Our technology stack is diverse and ever-changing. Examples of the technologies we currently use and you’ll be working with include (but are by no means limited to):
- Tooling (package managers, semantic versioning, releasing, Webpack, etc)
- Kubernetes, Docker
- 6+ years of experience in Software Engineering
- Proven hands-on delivery in a large-scale distributed cloud environment
- Solid CS background
- Automate it mentality; You love infrastructure
- Constant learner. Curiosity is your nature
- Have a strong opinion where you can cut the corners and deliver fast or protect your point if it is not possible
Bonus points for:
- Organic marketing domain knowledge
- Building front-end frameworks
What’s in it for you? #LifeAtOmio
- A competitive and attractive compensation package
- A generous pension scheme
- A diverse team of more than 45 nationalities
Diversity makes us stronger
We value diversity and welcome all applicants regardless of ethnicity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age or disability.
Intrigued? Apply here in English.