Project Structural Engineer - Rail
- 2111 S 67th St, Omaha, NE 68106, USA
Imagine a place where responsibility is shared equally among all employees. Where leaders are approachable, and the open-door policy is the rule. Where employees are tasked to be innovative and work with an entrepreneurial spirit.
Welcome to Olsson Associates. We see problems as an opportunity for creativity, and we are looking for problem solvers to join our dynamic team. Our firm is organized into small teams to give you a strong sense of accountability and to achieve great results. The dress is business casual, the work environment is pleasant, our unique work hours allow for flexibility, and we have a lot of fun.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Project Engineer for the Rail Team, you may serve as a project manager on small to medium sized projects, prepare plans, design documents, survey drawings, supervise staff and travel to different job sites for bridge surveys. Projects may include railroad bridge design, transportation structure design, site situation surveys in all types of terrain and weather conditions and direct interaction with clients and project representatives. Training will be offered from experienced staff on our Rail Team who are interested in your career success!
YOU ARE INTERESTED IN:
- Railroad Bridge Engineering
- Project management, scheduling, and coordination
- Solving complex problems
- Rail bridge survey, layout, design, and details
- Learning and working in a fun and fast-paced team environment
YOU BRING TO THE TEAM:
- Degree in civil, structural, or architectural engineering
- 6 or more years of structural or civil engineering project experience
- Registered professional engineering licensure, or within one year of taking the professional engineering exam
- Attention to detail, accuracy, organizational skills, and a willingness to learn
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Design software and Microsoft Office experience
- Ability to multitask and perform a variety of tasks for several projects
- Proficiency with CAD software (Microstation and/or AutoCAD preferred)
- Ability to communicate and contribute within a positive team atmosphere
- Experience and/or desire to manage projects, lead design, interact with clients, or supervise staff
Olsson Associates is a nationally-recognized, employee-owned engineering and design firm that has been creating public and private projects throughout the United States. We've been around since 1956, and we offer comprehensive design and consulting services in site/civil, transportation, water, environmental, field operations, survey, and facilities.
With over 1,000 employees (and growing), nearly 30 offices in seven states, and a lengthy list of diverse clients, we believe you are our greatest asset and the key to our success. We seek to hire great people and put them in the right roles for their strengths.
As an Olsson employee, you’ll receive our traditional benefits package (health care, vision, dental, paid time off, etc.), plus these great perks:
- The opportunity to be an owner in the company after your first year through Olsson’s ESOP program.
- A great 401(k) match
- A wellness program promoting healthy lifestyles
- A bonus system that rewards performance
Are you in?