Human Resources Leader
We are Olsson, a team-based, purpose-driven engineering and design firm. Our solutions improve communities and our people make it possible.
Our most meaningful asset is our people, and we are dedicated to providing an environment where they can continue to learn, grow, and thrive. Our entrepreneurial spirit is what has allowed us — and will continue to allow us — to grow. The result? Inspired people, amazing designs, and projects with purpose.
As the Human Resources Leader for our Arizona, Colorado and Oklahoma offices, you will partner with leadership as a trusted advisor, sharing best practices and creative solutions; ensuring people strategies align with firmwide talent goals. You will proactively lead and execute various talent strategies and processes for the region including workforce planning, performance management, succession planning and more. In addition, you will guide day to day human resource activities while developing and mentoring staff, build strong relationships with leaders and employees, and monitor engagement trends to assist leadership in devising and executing action plans. Must maintain an effective level of business literacy about the region’s financial position, business strategy, culture, and competition.
We have one current opening and will consider candidates interested in being located out of our Denver, CO or Loveland, CO offices.
You are passionate about:
- Working collaboratively with others
- Having ownership in the work you do
- Using your talents to positively affect communities
You bring to the team:
- Ability to contribute and work well on a team.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with a high degree of confidentiality.
- Strong communication skills, detail-oriented, and the ability to be flexible
- Ability to develop and foster effective professional relationships both internally and externally.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business Administration, Human Resources, or another related field
- Must have at least 8-10 years of HR experience, with 4+ years’ experience managing people
- HR certification (SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR, or SPHR) helpful
Olsson is a nationally recognized, employee-owned firm specializing in planning and design, engineering, field services, environmental, and technology. Founded in 1956 on the very mindset that drives us today, we’re here to improve communities by making them more sustainable, better connected, and more efficient. Simply put, we work to leave the world better than we found it.
As an Olsson employee, you’ll receive our traditional benefits package (health care, vision, dental, paid time off, etc.), plus you’ll:
- Become an owner in the company after your first year through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Engage in work that has a positive impact in communities
- Receive an excellent 401(k) match
- Participate in a wellness program promoting balanced lifestyles
- Benefit from a bonus system that rewards performance
- Have the possibility for flexible work arrangement
Typical salary range for this position is $100,000 to $138,000+ and is commensurate with experience relative to the position.
Olsson is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.