Field Industrial Manufacturing Engineer - Electrical
- Confidential Project Site, Chicago, IL, us
We are Olsson, a team-based, purpose-driven engineering and design firm. Our solutions improve communities and our people make it possible.
Our most meaningful asset is our people, and we are dedicated to providing an environment where they can continue to learn, grow, and thrive. Our entrepreneurial spirit is what has allowed us — and will continue to allow us — to grow. The result? Inspired people, amazing designs, and projects with purpose.
*This position is located in the Phoenix, AZ area and would require relocation*
As a Field Industrial Manufacturing Engineer – Electrical, you will utilize your experience from the agricultural industrial manufacturing industry. You will be involved in visualizing and collaborating with the client to find solutions, engaging, and coordinating suppliers, vendors, and consultants on client’s behalf. This role with require you to wear PPE every day, climb stairs and ladders and travel between multiple sites in the Phoenix area. You will need to be able to read and understand design documents, review and integrate client standards and provide technical trouble shooting support. Willingness to work with clients manufacturing facility and take direction from the client will be key. Knowledge and familiarity with PFD’s and P&ID, strongly preferred.
You are passionate about:
- Electrical and controls systems knowledge
- Working collaboratively with others
- Having ownership in the work you do
- Using your talents to positively affect communities
- Industrial Processing
You bring to the team:
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to contribute and work well on a team.
- Project Management experience
- Ability to be a self-starter to take on a variety of tasks to best serve the client and their project work.
- Investigation and troubleshooting of problems in the field to find solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering.
- 7-10 years of relevant electrical engineering experience.
- Must be an registered Professional Engineer (PE).
- The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
Olsson is a nationally recognized, employee-owned firm specializing in planning and design, engineering, field services, environmental, and technology. Founded in 1956 on the very mindset that drives us today, we’re here to improve communities by making them more sustainable, better connected, and more efficient. Simply put, we work to leave the world better than we found it.
As an Olsson employee, you’ll receive our traditional benefits package (health care, vision, dental, paid time off, etc.), plus you’ll:
- Become an owner in the company after your first year through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Engage in work that has a positive impact in communities
- Receive an excellent 401(k) match
- Participate in a wellness program promoting balanced lifestyles
- Benefit from a bonus system that rewards performance
- Have the possibility for flexible work arrangements
Olsson is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.