Transportation Project Engineer
- 1525 Raleigh St, Denver, CO 80204, USA
We are Olsson, a team-based, purpose-driven engineering and design firm. Our solutions improve communities and our people make it possible.
Our most meaningful asset is our people, and we are dedicated to providing an environment where they can continue to learn, grow, and thrive. Our entrepreneurial spirit is what has allowed us — and will continue to allow us — to grow. The result? Inspired people, amazing designs, and projects with purpose.
Olsson has the knowledge and experience to design a wide variety of projects, including urban and rural highways, interchanges, and municipal roadways. As an Engineer for the Roadway team in our Denver, CO office, you will perform engineering duties related to process design calculations, MicroStation/AutoCAD drafting, and project management. You will meet client needs from conception to completion on projects. You may instruct drafters, mentor less experienced staff, and travel to meetings, site visits, and inspections.
You are passionate about:
- Working collaboratively with others
- Having ownership in the work you do
- Using your talents to positively affect communities
You Bring to the team:
- Degree in Civil Engineering
- PE license
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Prior experience with Colorado Department of Transportation is a plus
- Prior experience with MicroStation and/or AutoCAD
- Ability to contribute and work well on a team
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with local municipalities is a plus
Olsson is a nationally recognized, employee-owned firm specializing in planning and design, engineering, field services, environmental, and technology. Founded in 1956 on the very mindset that drives us today, we’re here to improve communities by making them more sustainable, better connected, and more efficient. Simply put, we work to leave the world better than we found it.
As an Olsson employee, you’ll receive our traditional benefits package (health care, vision, dental, paid time off, etc.), plus you’ll:
- Become an owner in the company after your first year through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Engage in work that has a positive impact in communities
- Receive an excellent 401(k) match
- Participate in a wellness program promoting balanced lifestyles
- Benefit from a bonus system that rewards performance
- Have the possibility for flexible work arrangements
Typical salary range for this position is $85,000 to $112,000, and is commensurate with experience relative to the position.
Olsson is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.