- 5700 Tennyson Parkway, Suite 100, Dallas, TX, United States
We are Olsson, a team-based, purpose-driven engineering and design firm. Our solutions improve communities and our people make it possible.
Our most meaningful asset is our people, and we are dedicated to providing an environment where they can continue to learn, grow, and thrive. Our entrepreneurial spirit is what has allowed us — and will continue to allow us — to grow. The result? Inspired people, amazing designs, and projects with purpose.
The Assistant Surveyor will assist with the performance of field work on construction sites and general surveying projects. The Assistant Surveyor works under immediate supervision and relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Assistant surveyors may have varied responsibilities based upon tasks performed in the office and in the field.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (Field):
• Assists with general surveying projects.
• Serves as a survey crew member.
• Receives initial instruction or advice from a supervisor or project manager. Work is subject to supervisor approval.
• Maintains and operates all instruments needed to complete surveying assignments.
• Accurately performs vertical and horizontal control surveys and required calculations under the direction of a registered land surveyor.
• Provides daily field and/or laboratory report preparation and file management for multiple projects.
• Traverses and works in all types of terrain, in all kinds of weather conditions, and at project sites in various stages of construction.
• Understands, identifies, and avoids potential safety hazards for workers and the public in and around project sites.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (Office):
• Assists with reducing survey data and with downloading, copying, and filing data.
• Assists with project research and boundary calculations, and records survey data on construction and civil engineering projects.
• Performs data processing and analysis under direct supervision of a supervisor. Completes plats and maps with limited directions.
• Performs computer-aided design and drafting work.
You are passionate about:
- Working collaboratively with others
- Having ownership in the work you do
- Using your talents to positively affect communities
You bring to the team:
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to contribute and work well on a team
- Associate degree or 2 years’ experience with a licensed surveyor
- Knowledge of AutoCAD or Microstation
- Some construction experience is helpful
Olsson is a nationally recognized, employee-owned firm specializing in planning and design, engineering, field services, environmental, and technology. Founded in 1956 on the very mindset that drives us today, we’re here to improve communities by making them more sustainable, better connected, and more efficient. Simply put, we work to leave the world better than we found it.
As an Olsson employee, you’ll receive our traditional benefits package (health care, vision, dental, paid time off, etc.), plus you’ll:
- Become an owner in the company after your first year through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Engage in work that has a positive impact in communities
- Receive an excellent 401(k) match
- Participate in a wellness program promoting balanced lifestyles
- Benefit from a bonus system that rewards performance
- Have the possibility for flexible work arrangements
Olsson is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.