CMT Assistant Technician
- 6437 W Chandler Blvd, Chandler, AZ 85226, USA
We are Olsson, a team-based, purpose-driven engineering and design firm. Our solutions improve communities and our people make it possible.
Our most meaningful asset is our people, and we are dedicated to providing an environment where they can continue to learn, grow, and thrive. Our entrepreneurial spirit is what has allowed us — and will continue to allow us — to grow. The result? Inspired people, amazing designs, and projects with purpose.
As an Assistant Construction Materials and Testing (CMT) Technician, you will assist with geotechnical materials testing, construction observation, and inspections for various projects. You will work under immediate supervision relying on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. You will also travel to various job sites and work in all types of terrain and weather conditions. There will be opportunities for travel and work on large remote projects.
You are passionate about:
- Working collaboratively with others
- Having ownership in the work you do
- Using your talents to positively affect communities
You bring to the team:
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to contribute and work well on a team
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year experience in construction observation, testing or inspection
- ACI Grade I, ATTI Level 1 and Nuclear Gauge certifications preferred
- Laboratory Certification (ACI/ATTI) is a plus
- Valid driver's license with a good driving history
- The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
Olsson is a nationally recognized, employee-owned firm specializing in planning and design, engineering, field services, environmental, and technology. Founded in 1956 on the very mindset that drives us today, we’re here to improve communities by making them more sustainable, better connected, and more efficient. Simply put, we work to leave the world better than we found it.
As an Olsson employee, you’ll receive our traditional benefits package (health care, vision, dental, paid time off, etc.), plus you’ll:
- Become an owner in the company after your first year through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Engage in work that has a positive impact in communities
- Receive an excellent 401(k) match
- Participate in a wellness program promoting balanced lifestyles
- Benefit from a bonus system that rewards performance
- Have the possibility for flexible work arrangements
Olsson is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.