Business Development Specialist
- 1525 Raleigh St, Denver, CO 80204, USA
We are Olsson, a team-based, purpose-driven engineering and design firm. Our solutions improve communities and our people make it possible.
Our most meaningful asset is our people, and we are dedicated to providing an environment where they can continue to learn, grow, and thrive. Our entrepreneurial spirit is what has allowed us — and will continue to allow us — to grow. The result? Inspired people, amazing designs, and projects with purpose.
As the Local Business Development leader, you will execute the Denver and N. Colorado sales strategies to ensure maximum exposure of the firm and grow key municipal clients in the Colorado Front Range. Will also involve new client development, new lead generation with current and new clients, opportunity management and cross selling. May also provide support through identifying and recruiting key talent.
You are passionate about:
- Working collaboratively with others
- Having ownership in the work you do
- Using your talents to positively affect communities
- Empowering others to use their talents
You bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or business
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the consulting industry
- Ability to establish ongoing relationships with various municipal agencies prior to projects being pursued; networks with staff at local municipalities to position the region/firm to win projects and identify potential markets
- Involvement with the community, professional groups, and media to enhance the firm’s position
- Ability to work closely with the Regional Leadership and local office leaders to implement growth strategies for the Denver area.
- Proven track record with developing strategy for key local and firm-wide proposals and interviews
Olsson is a nationally recognized, employee-owned firm specializing in planning and design, engineering, field services, environmental, and technology. Founded in 1956 on the very mindset that drives us today, we’re here to improve communities by making them more sustainable, better connected, and more efficient. Simply put, we work to leave the world better than we found it.
As an Olsson employee, you’ll receive our traditional benefits package (health care, vision, dental, paid time off, etc.), plus you’ll:
- Become an owner in the company after your first year through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Engage in work that has a positive impact in communities
- Receive an excellent 401(k) match
- Participate in a wellness program promoting balanced lifestyles
- Benefit from a bonus system that rewards performance
- Have the possibility for flexible work arrangements
Typical salary range for this position is $99,000 to $130,000, and is commensurate with experience relative to the position.
Olsson is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.