Mechanical Project Engineer
- 1717 Ingersoll Ave, Des Moines, IA 50309, USA
We are Olsson, a team-based, purpose-driven engineering and design firm. Our solutions improve communities and our people make it possible.
Our most meaningful asset is our people, and we are dedicated to providing an environment where they can continue to learn, grow, and thrive. Our entrepreneurial spirit is what has allowed us — and will continue to allow us — to grow. The result? Inspired people, amazing designs, and projects with purpose.
As a Mechanical Project Engineer, you will complete a variety of tasks, which may include the preparation of design documents, calculations and specifications for agricultural projects. As a project engineer you would work with other team members to provide design direction, supervision and oversight.
- Project management adhering to project schedule, budget and quality expectations
- Normal client interaction and communication with client and project leadership
- Provide support to business development and pursuit activities
- Quality control and oversight for design documents and specifications
- Identifies and executes continuous improvement opportunities
- Mentorship and training of staff
- Traveling to project sites will be required. (Travel up to 20% of the time)
You bring to the team:
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to contribute and work well on a team
- Degree in mechanical engineering
- Registered professional engineer preferred
- 10+ years of experience
- Experienced in design of ASME pressure vessels, pipe stress analysis and piping engineering, PRV sizing calculations, development of P&ID’s, development of equipment specifications, instrumentation/control engineering and process design.
- Proficient AutoCAD or Revit skills
- Knowledge of or ability to learn FEA modeling software, CFD software, hydronic analysis, and pipe-flo
- Knowledge of Solidworks preferred
Olsson is a nationally recognized, employee-owned firm specializing in planning and design, engineering, field services, environmental, and technology. Founded in 1956 on the very mindset that drives us today, we’re here to improve communities by making them more sustainable, better connected, and more efficient. Simply put, we work to leave the world better than we found it.
As an Olsson employee, you’ll receive our traditional benefits package (health care, vision, dental, paid time off, etc.), plus you’ll:
- Become an owner in the company after your first year through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Engage in work that has a positive impact in communities
- Receive an excellent 401(k) match
- Participate in a wellness program promoting balanced lifestyles
- Benefit from a bonus system that rewards performance
- Have the possibility for flexible work arrangements
Olsson is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.