Lead Transportation Engineer
- 1525 Raleigh St, Denver, CO 80204, USA
We are Olsson, a team-based, purpose-driven engineering and design firm. Our solutions improve communities and our people make it possible.
Our most meaningful asset is our people, and we are dedicated to providing an environment where they can continue to learn, grow, and thrive. Our entrepreneurial spirit is what has allowed us — and will continue to allow us — to grow. The result? Inspired people, amazing designs, and projects with purpose.
Olsson provides multidisciplinary design services for transportation related projects including urban and rural highways, interchanges, and municipal roadways. As a Technical Leader on our Loveland Transportation Team, you will provide overall technical support to the team by serving as lead engineer and advisor on complex projects, providing high-level technical design, and leading the quality assurance/quality control for the team. You will manage projects including proactive monitoring of project scope, schedule, and budget. You will also review contracts, promote efficiencies in producing quality work, and put together technical resources for the team. You will likely supervise other team members, emphasizing their professional and technical skill development. Other responsibilities include finding and procuring new work, developing client relationships, and developing technical content for proposal. This position is located in our Loveland, Colorado office.
You are passionate about:
- Working collaboratively with others
- Having ownership in the work you do
- Using your talents to positively affect communities
You bring to the team:
- Strong communication skills
- Project management experience including scope, schedule, and budget control
- Ability to contribute and work well on a team
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in highway or municipal design
- Must be a registered professional engineer
- At least 4 years of experience supervising technical personnel
Olsson is a nationally recognized, employee-owned firm specializing in planning and design, engineering, field services, environmental, and technology. Founded in 1956 on the very mindset that drives us today, we’re here to improve communities by making them more sustainable, better connected, and more efficient. Simply put, we work to leave the world better than we found it.
As an Olsson employee, you’ll receive our traditional benefits package (health care, vision, dental, paid time off, etc.), plus you’ll:
- Become an owner in the company after your first year through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Engage in work that has a positive impact in communities
- Receive an excellent 401(k) match
- Participate in a wellness program promoting balanced lifestyles
- Benefit from a bonus system that rewards performance
- Have the possibility for flexible work arrangements
Typical salary range for this position is $105,000 to $144,000, and is commensurate with experience relative to the position.
Olsson is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.