External Communications Assistant
- 2111 S 67th St, Omaha, NE 68106, USA
We are Olsson, a team-based, purpose-driven engineering and design firm. Our solutions improve communities and our people make it possible.
Our most meaningful asset is our people, and we are dedicated to providing an environment where they can continue to learn, grow, and thrive. Our entrepreneurial spirit is what has allowed us — and will continue to allow us — to grow. The result? Inspired people, amazing designs, and projects with purpose.
As an External Communications Assistant, you will be responsible for organizing, writing, and producing information to share with Olsson’s external audiences according to the firm’s brand message standards. This position will require knowledge of researching, writing, and editing articles and publications.
Specific duties include providing public relations support, including writing media releases, pitching stories to media in Olsson’s markets, monitoring and tracking media coverage and preparing reports, identifying and building relationships with key journalists in Olsson’s markets, and providing support for advertorial content. You will also assist the team developing content for the firm’s website and external-facing newsletters.
Knowledge of AP Style and being able to adapt to the Olsson brand are a must. Please supply 2-3 writing samples. We have one current opening and will consider candidates interested in being located out of our Lincoln or Omaha office locations.
You are passionate about:
- Working collaboratively with others
- Having ownership in the work you do
- Producing accurate and timely messages
You bring to the team:
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to contribute and work well on a team.
- Skilled in writing, creativity, and a keen ability to engage others.
- 0-4 years of experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, business, journalism, or a related area preferred. In lieu of a bachelor’s degree, an associate degree with equivalent experience is required.
Olsson is a nationally recognized, employee-owned firm specializing in planning and design, engineering, field services, environmental, and technology. Founded in 1956 on the very mindset that drives us today, we’re here to improve communities by making them more sustainable, better connected, and more efficient. Simply put, we work to leave the world better than we found it.
As an Olsson employee, you’ll receive our traditional benefits package (health care, vision, dental, paid time off, etc.), plus you’ll:
- Become an owner in the company after your first year through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Engage in work that has a positive impact in communities
- Receive an excellent 401(k) match
- Participate in a wellness program promoting balanced lifestyles
- Benefit from a bonus system that rewards performance
- Have the possibility for flexible work arrangements
Olsson is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.