Construction Materials Testing Technician
- 3990 Fox St, Denver, CO 80216, USA
We are Olsson, a team-based, purpose-driven engineering and design firm. Our solutions improve communities and our people make it possible.
Our most meaningful asset is our people, and we are dedicated to providing an environment where they can continue to learn, grow, and thrive. Our entrepreneurial spirit is what has allowed us — and will continue to allow us — to grow. The result? Inspired people, amazing designs, and projects with purpose.
As a Construction Materials Testing Technician, you will be responsible for providing assistance to associate and senior technicians, engineers and project managers with construction inspection and construction materials testing. You will be performing field and laboratory testing on primarily soils and concrete providing field inspections on large-scale construction projects. You will also prepare daily field and/or laboratory reports and manage documents for the project(s). You will work in all types of terrain, weather conditions, and through various stages of construction. The primary function of this role is to provide special inspections and construction materials testing on out-of-state project(s) that will require extended periods of travel.
You are passionate about:
- Working collaboratively with others
- Having ownership in the work you do
- Using your talents to positively affect communities
You bring to the team:
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to contribute and work well on a team
- Ability to evaluate technical documents such as construction plans and specification
- Ability to travel for extended periods of time for the duration of the project(s)
- ACI Grade I certification or ability to obtain within 1-month of employment
- Some experience in construction preferred
Olsson is a nationally recognized, employee-owned firm specializing in planning and design, engineering, field services, environmental, and technology. Founded in 1956 on the very mindset that drives us today, we’re here to improve communities by making them more sustainable, better connected, and more efficient. Simply put, we work to leave the world better than we found it.
As an Olsson employee, you’ll receive our traditional benefits package (health care, vision, dental, paid time off, etc.), plus you’ll:
- Become an owner in the company after your first year through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Engage in work that has a positive impact in communities
- Receive an excellent 401(k) match
- Participate in a wellness program promoting balanced lifestyles
- Benefit from a bonus system that rewards performance
- Have the possibility for flexible work arrangements