Assistant Electrical Engineer
- 1301 Burlington St, North Kansas City, MO 64116, USA
We are Olsson, a team-based, purpose-driven engineering and design firm. Our solutions improve communities and our people make it possible.
Our most meaningful asset is our people, and we are dedicated to providing an environment where they can continue to learn, grow, and thrive. Our entrepreneurial spirit is what has allowed us — and will continue to allow us — to grow. The result? Inspired people, amazing designs, and projects with purpose.
As an Assistant Engineer with our North Kansas City Mechanical/Electrical team, you will be responsible for complete electrical design and coordination using both AutoCAD and Revit including the creation of Construction Documents and specifications. Responsibilities include coordinating with other disciplines, performing supporting calculations, meeting with clients to discuss conceptual and final designs, and travel to job sites for observation. Our electrical design services can include interior/exterior lighting calculations, layout and lighting control sequence of operations and specifications. Fire alarm and power distribution of both normal and emergency/stand-by generation.
You are passionate about:
- Working collaboratively with others
- Having ownership in the work you do
- Using your talents to positively affect communities
You bring to the team:
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to contribute and work well on a team
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architectural engineering degree preferred
- Must obtain Engineer Intern (EI) certificate
- 0-4 years of related full-time experience
- AutoCAD and/or Revit experience
- Strong attention to detail
Olsson is a nationally recognized, employee-owned firm specializing in planning and design, engineering, field services, environmental, and technology. Founded in 1956 on the very mindset that drives us today, we’re here to improve communities by making them more sustainable, better connected, and more efficient. Simply put, we work to leave the world better than we found it.
As an Olsson employee, you’ll receive our traditional benefits package (health care, vision, dental, paid time off, etc.), plus you’ll:
- Become an owner in the company after your first year through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Engage in work that has a positive impact in communities
- Receive an excellent 401(k) match
- Participate in a wellness program promoting balanced lifestyles
- Benefit from a bonus system that rewards performance
- Have the possibility for flexible work arrangements