- 1814 Main St, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Ochsner Hare & Hare, the Olsson Studio, is an established industry leader, continuing to display expertise in urban and regional planning and design, land planning, community and neighborhood redevelopment, parks and recreation planning and design, commercial and retail design, residential community design, and a full range of real estate development planning services, including market and financial feasibility assessments.
Our most meaningful asset is our people, and we are dedicated to providing an environment where they can continue to learn, grow, and thrive. Our entrepreneurial spirit is what has allowed us — and will continue to allow us — to grow. The result? Inspired people, amazing designs, and projects with purpose.
As an Assistant Planner with our Downtown KCMO Studio in the Crossroads, you will perform a variety of tasks, including data collection and analysis, creation and maintenance of online engagement platforms (surveys, websites, etc.), research and writing, document preparation (Adobe InDesign), and mapping (ArcGIS, Adobe Illustrator). You’ll be part of the Olsson Studio, working for our clients on a variety of projects including comprehensive plans, corridor plans, neighborhood plans, downtown plans, and subarea plans. In this role, flexibility is key as project type and subject matter often calls for a variety skill sets and knowledge. This position also calls for immense creativity, something the Studio places much value on during project charrettes, as well as throughout the planning process. The Assistant Planner must be comfortable talking with members of the public in-person, as well as presenting in front of groups of all sizes.
You are passionate about:
- Working collaboratively with others
- Having ownership in the work you do
- Using your talents to positively affect communities
You bring to the team:
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to contribute and work well on a team
- Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, architecture, public policy, or related field
- Master’s degree in urban, regional, or community planning preferred
- AICP Candidacy preferred
- Willingness to go out of your comfort zone
- Ability to contribute and work well on a team, while focusing on and completing individual tasks
- Prior experience working with U.S. Census Bureau and other data tools to establish the existing conditions of a site, community, corridor, or region
- Strong skills in the following programs: ArcGIS, the Adobe Suite, Google SketchUp, Microsoft Office Suite, and/or WiX
Hare & Hare, founded in 1910, built a national practice and played a significant role in the development of Kansas City, Missouri. In 1979, Ochsner & Associates, led by Ralph Ochsner, acquired Hare & Hare and added experience in public policy planning and created Ochsner Hare & Hare. In 2014, Ochsner Hare & Hare merged with Olsson, a nationally recognized, employee-owned firm specializing in planning and design, engineering, field services, environmental, and technology. Olsson was founded in 1956 on the very mindset that drives us today, we’re here to improve communities by making them more sustainable, better connected, and more efficient. Simply put, we work to leave the world better than we found it.
As an Olsson Studio employee, you’ll receive our traditional benefits package (health care, vision, dental, paid time off, etc.), plus you’ll:
- Become an owner in the company after your first year through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Engage in work that has a positive impact in communities
- Receive an excellent 401(k) match
- Participate in a wellness program promoting balanced lifestyles
- Benefit from a bonus system that rewards performance
- Have the possibility for flexible work arrangements