Sous Chef - The Dorset
Coming soon! Located at The Well, the city’s exciting new mixed-use development, The Dorset brings elevated British cooking and cocktails to Toronto’s King West neighbourhood. Inspired by Executive Chef Ryan Lister’s southwest English roots, The Dorset will feature both a buzzing main floor bar and proper streetside patio, as well as a refined upstairs dining room for a premium à la carte experience. Alongside exceptional contemporary U.K. fare, The Dorset's high-end bar program will serve superior gin cocktails, fine Scotch, seasonally inspired craft ales and recognizable French wines. We enthusiastically welcome seasoned, energetic and passionate individuals to apply to join our team today!
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Paid vacation, sick, and personal days
- Gratuity sharing
- Health, Dental and Visions benefits with Enhanced Mental Health Coverage
- Discounted gym membership and Employee Assistance Program
- Group Life & Disability Insurance
- Management Uniform/ Clothing Reimbursement
- Monthly dining allowance for all O&B and Freehand locations
- 50% Dining Discount for all O&B and Freehand locations
- RRSP Matching
- Tuition Reimbursement
- O&B is one of Canada’s largest hospitality companies with many internal career opportunities. We have restaurants, foodF halls, and catering teams in Alberta, Ontario, Quebec, and Nova Scotia.
Our Sous Chefs are seasoned cooks which have gained considerable experience working in fine dining kitchens. They are very organized and comfortable working in a high-pressure environment. The Sous Chef must also be able to give orders within their section, work independently as well as reliably carry out orders handed down to them by the Chef. Their attention to detail is monumental, able to mentor junior cooks and trouble-shooting any problems that may arise.
The Day to Day:
- You are on time, focused, and a positive force on the team
- You have a strong background in cooking and recipe creation, you also love to keep learning and welcome feedback
- You consistently contribute and inspire your team to monitor kitchen operations and cleanliness.
- You easily build and maintain relationships with fellow cooks and Chefs from across the company as well as foster a positive experience with the FOH teams.
- You are in constant communication with your teams about upcoming menus and events; you are an ordering/ inventory wizard.
- You embody leadership and are passionate about assisting with training and the coaching of your fellow cooks and Co-op students.
- You demonstrate high personal integrity, business ethics and take every opportunity to promote the restaurant. We love when you post pictures of your dishes!
- You are well skilled in conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-3 years cooking experience in a fast-paced, high performing restaurant
- Culinary diploma/degree is an asset
- You’re well versed in professional cooking and knife handling skills
- Able to spend 100% of the time standing
- You’re looking to grow with us and soak in all the (optional) education opportunities we offer
** We thank all applicants for their interest in Oliver & Bonacini Hospitality; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. **
Oliver & Bonacini's Diversity Commitment
At Oliver & Bonacini Hospitality, we are committed to treating every employee with dignity and respect. We strive to be fair and just, and create working environments where our employees can be at their best.