Line Cook- Leña
A Chef Anthony Walsh creation, Leña pays homage to his Argentinian mother-in-law, Elena. He has drawn great culinary inspiration and embodies what he experiences in her kitchen. This passionate food philosophy brings people together.
Imaginative yet rooted in tradition, Leña’s cuisine showcases the vibrant essence of South American cooking, with unique Spanish and Italian influences. Along with our stylish design, warm character, and lively tunes, it promotes a “live to eat” ethos and fosters a convivial spirit at the table. Above all, Leña celebrates authentic, flavourful food and drink enjoyed amongst old and new friends.
*Lunch and dinner positions available*
What's in it for you?
- Gratuity Sharing
- Discounted gym membership and Employee Assistance Program
- 50% Dining Discount for all O&B locations
- Employee Referral Program
- Training and development opportunities
- Access to Health, Dental and Visions benefits with Enhanced Mental Health Coverage
Our Cooks show inspired quality in all of their work. Their passion for food and cooking is infectious and they have a desire to serve the best every time. Cleanliness is maintained throughout service and they gladly honour guest special requests.
The Day to Day:
- Perform delegated tasks from Sous Chef, Chef and/or General Manager.
- Day to day food preparation of the restaurant according to O&B standards.
- Follow recipes, portion controls and presentation specification as set by the restaurant.
- Maintain a prep list of station duties.
- Follow the FIFO method to maximize freshness.
- Assist in food inventory and control.
- Assist in properly receiving and storing delivered items.
- Clean food prep areas, equipment, utensils and strictly adhere to sanitation, food safety, and hygiene guidelines.
- Strictly adhere to WHMIS and MSDS guidelines.
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned or required.
- 1-3 years cooking experience in a fast-paced restaurant
- Culinary diploma/degree is an asset
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills
- Ability to take direction and work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Able to spend 100% of the time standing
** We thank all applicants for their interest in Oliver & Bonacini Hospitality; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. **
Oliver & Bonacini's Diversity Commitment
At Oliver & Bonacini Hospitality, we are committed to treating every employee with dignity and respect. We strive to be fair and just, and create working environments where our employees can be at their best.