Bartender - Aera
Located on the 38th floor of The Well, this soon-to-be-named upscale flagship restaurant will feature a cocktail bar, sushi counter, and luxuriously appointed dining room and rooftop terrace overlooking the city. Paying homage to 21st century American cooking, the menu will highlight a seasonal raw bar, a handsome selection of steaks and chops, and inventive twists on classic comfort food. With the goal of giving each and every guest a truly memorable dining experience, our team is passionate about providing polished, attentive, and intuitive hospitality at every turn.
What's in it for you?
- Gratuity Sharing
- 50% Dining Discount for all O&B and Freehand locations
- Employee Referral Program
- Training and development opportunities
Our Bartenders take pride in their food, wine and spirit knowledge. They build relationships with their guests and are often asked for by name. They display natural showmanship, have great communication skills and an eye for detail. A Bartender receives beverage orders and makes beverages in a timely and efficient manner maintaining all O&B standards. They also communicate beverage descriptions and modifications with team members to ensure guests receive their requested beverage.
- You are passionate and articulate about food and beverage
- You value relentless innovation and kick-ass creativity
- You value positivity, honesty and respect
- You aim to leave lasting, positive impressions on every guest through intelligent, enthusiastic and emotional service.
- You celebrate diversity and recognize that we are strongest when we apply the sum of our personal energies, our collective genius
The Day to Day:
- Create a positive guest experience through interaction and adherence to the steps of service
- Knowledgeable of all food and beverage items in order to make recommendations
- Promptly receive drink order chits and pour all beverages according to O&B standards
- Present beverages in a clear and organized manner at the service bar pick up area
- Communicate beverage descriptions, specials and information to guests and team members
- Setup and take apart bar area, dishwasher and cappuccino machine
- Stock and maintain all bar products including mis en place
- Check and maintain beer keg and liquor levels
- Count and take inventory of all beverages and supplies and assist manager with inventory ordering
- Be aware of any special requests, inclusive of guest allergies
- Other duties as assigned or required
- SmartServe Certified
- At least 1 year bartending experience in a similar environment
- Impeccable wine, beer and cocktail knowledge
- Passion for food, beverage and providing excellent customer service
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and able to lift and move beer kegs, liquor and wine boxes
** We thank all applicants for their interest in Oliver & Bonacini Restaurants; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. **
Oliver & Bonacini's Diversity Commitment
At Oliver & Bonacini Hospitality, we are committed to treating every employee with dignity and respect. We strive to be fair and just, and create working environments where our employees can be at their best.