Server Assistant - Luma
Luma is a contemporary restaurant with an innovative seafood-driven menu, hand-crafted cocktails, and a robust wine list. Globally inspired and locally sourced, Chef Michael Wilson’s menu showcases a diverse range of fresh fish and seafood, quality meats, and seasonal vegetables. Warm and inviting, the dining room and bar are designed with rich woods, leather and stone, and the cozy lounge is filled with plush sofas and eye-catching artwork. Luma’s second-floor location in the TIFF Bell Lightbox and its floor-to-ceiling windows offer outstanding views of King Street West and the downtown action.
What's in it for you?
- Gratuity Sharing
- Discounted gym membership and Employee Assistance Program
- 50% Dining Discount for all O&B locations
- Employee Referral Program
- Training and development opportunities
- Access to Health, Dental and Visions benefits with Enhanced Mental Health Coverage
Under the direction of the Front of House Management Team, Server Assistants provide support to Servers by inspecting all tables for the proper mise en place, cleanliness and completeness. They practice a high level of floor awareness and have exceptional knowledge of all food and beverage items. Server Assistants help with food running as well as monitor food quality to ensure O&B presentation standards.
The Day to Day:
- Answer questions about food, beverages, wine and other restaurant functions and services when necessary
- Assist with food running, ensuring that plates arrive to the proper guest (no auctioning off)
- Monitor the cleanliness of section and ensure all materials and areas are clean and free from clutter
- Communicate with Servers and Hosts to maximize seating
- Practice a high level of floor awareness and clear/clean as required
- Ensure that condiments are pre-portioned and the fridges are stocked with milk, cream, butter etc.
- Monitor food quality and presentation standards
- Follow all food safety standards and systems
- Empty garbage, change linen bags and dispose of garbage and recycling
- Communicate to all Servers any comments or information provided by guests to ensure a positive, memorable experience
- Other duties as assigned or required
- FT/PT for AM & PM and weekend/holidays
- Prior proven experience in a similar position for at least 6 months
- Smart Serve Certification a requirement
- High attention to detail
- Ability to remain calm under pressure while working in a fast-paced environment
- Organizational skills
- Ability to take direction and prioritize
- Strong oral communication skills
- High level of product knowledge
- Ability to maintain a level of professional urgency and momentum
- Full availability
Oliver & Bonacini's Diversity Commitment
At Oliver & Bonacini Hospitality, we are committed to treating every employee with dignity and respect. We strive to be fair and just, and create working environments where our employees can be at their best.
** We thank all applicants for their interest in Oliver & Bonacini Restaurants; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. **