Cook - Shenanigans
Located in the heart of midtown Toronto, Shenanigans is the friendly neighbourhood watering hole. Featuring an expansive rooftop patio overlooking Yonge and St. Clair, we welcome our guests to come on up for a drink, a bite, and some good ol’ fashioned chin-wagging. Whether they’re catching up with long-lost friends or want to watch a good game of football, our patio has our guests covered—both literally and figuratively.
Please note this is a seasonal position from May 2023 - October 2023
What's in it for you?
- Gratuity Sharing
- 50% Dining Discount for all O&B and Freehand locations
- Employee Referral Program
- Training and development opportunities
Our Cooks show inspired quality in all of their work. Their passion for food and cooking is infectious and they have a desire to serve the best every time. Cleanliness is maintained throughout service and they gladly honour guest special requests.
The Day to Day:
- Perform delegated tasks from Sous Chef, Chef and/or General Manager
- Day to day food preparation of the restaurant according to standard
- Follow recipes, portion controls and presentation specification as set by the restaurant
- Maintain a prep list of station duties
- Follow the FIFO method to maximize freshness
- Assist in food inventory and control
- Assist in properly receiving and storing delivered items
- Clean food prep areas, equipment, utensils and strictly adhere to sanitation, food safety, and hygiene guidelines
- Strictly adhere to WHMIS and MSDS guidelines
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned or required
- 1-2 years cooking experience in a fast-paced restaurant.
- Culinary diploma/degree is an asset.
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
- Ability to take direction and work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Able to spend 100% of the time standing.
** We thank all applicants for their interest in Freehand Hospitality; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. **
Oliver & Bonacini's Diversity Commitment
At Oliver & Bonacini Hospitality, we are committed to treating every employee with dignity and respect. We strive to be fair and just, and create working environments where our employees can be at their best.