Assistant Manager- Shenanigans
Located in the heart of midtown Toronto, Shenanigans is the friendly neighbourhood watering hole. Featuring an expansive rooftop patio overlooking Yonge and St. Clair, we welcome our guests to come on up for a drink, a bite, and some good ol’ fashioned chin-wagging. Whether they’re catching up with long-lost friends or want to watch a good game of football, our patio has our guests covered—both literally and figuratively.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Paid vacation, sick, and personal days
- Gratuity sharing
- Health, Dental and Visions benefits with Enhanced Mental Health Coverage
- Discounted gym membership and Employee Assistance Program
- Group Life & Disability Insurance
- Management Uniform/ Clothing Reimbursement
- Monthly dining allowance for all O&B and Freehand locations
- 50% Dining Discount for all O&B and Freehand locations
- RRSP Matching
- Tuition Reimbursement
- O&B is one of Canada’s largest hospitality companies with many internal career opportunities. We have restaurants, food halls, and catering teams in Alberta, Ontario, Quebec, and Nova Scotia.
Joining us means you will be part of an extraordinary and exciting company! You’re a key team player reporting to the General Manager and collaborating closely with the rest of the restaurant team. You’re involved in many aspects the restaurant which means you’ll be a cut above the rest. You’ll learn our sought after set of systems and procedures while working closely with your FOH and BOH Teams. You’ll bring professional, enthusiastic leadership each day; and contribute in setting our restaurants apart while maintaining a warm, welcoming and rave worthy guest experience!
- You are passionate and articulate about food and beverage
- You value relentless innovation and kick-ass creativity
- You value positivity, honesty and respect
- You aim to leave lasting, positive impressions on every guest through intelligent, enthusiastic and emotional service.
- You celebrate diversity and recognize that we are strongest when we apply the sum of our personal energies, our collective genius
The Day to Day:
- You're a leader who enjoys creating a culture that revolves around the experience and enjoyment of food and wine
- You contribute, alongside your fellow management team, to all aspects of the restaurant including recruitment, training, coaching, payroll, invoicing, ordering, conducting inventories, scheduling, overall productivity of the restaurant, conducting Health and Safety meetings.
- You strive to build and maintain relationships with guests, vendors, team members and senior management alike
- You communicate our restaurants vision to all staff and lead by example
- You're proud of where you work and demonstrate high personal integrity, business ethics and take every opportunity to promote the venue
- You're a team player and assist with additional duties as assigned or required
- You have 3+ years of supervisory or management experience in restaurants
- You have or are in progress of obtaining WSET certifications
- You have superior verbal and written communication skills
- You demonstrate extreme organization and attention to detail in a fast paced environment
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage a large and variable work load, ensuring timely and accurate completion of assigned work
- You’re looking to grow with us and soak in all the (elective) education opportunities we offer
Oliver & Bonacini's Diversity Commitment
At Oliver & Bonacini Hospitality, we are committed to treating every employee with dignity and respect. We strive to be fair and just, and create working environments where our employees can be at their best.
** We thank all applicants for their interest in Oliver & Bonacini Restaurants; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. **