Sous Chef - Leña
A Chef Anthony Walsh creation, Leña pays homage to his Argentinian mother-in-law, Elena. He has drawn great culinary inspiration and embodies what he experiences in her kitchen. This passionate food philosophy brings people together.
Imaginative yet rooted in tradition, Leña’s cuisine showcases the vibrant essence of South American cooking, with unique Spanish and Italian influences. Along with our stylish design, warm character, and lively tunes, it promotes a “live to eat” ethos and fosters a convivial spirit at the table. Above all, Leña celebrates authentic, flavourful food and drink enjoyed amongst old and new friends.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Paid vacation, sick, and personal days
- Gratuity sharing
- Health, Dental and Visions benefits with Enhanced Mental Health Coverage
- Discounted gym membership and Employee Assistance Program
- Group Life & Disability Insurance
- Management Uniform/ Clothing Reimbursement
- Monthly dining allowance for all O&B and Freehand locations
- 50% Dining Discount for all O&B and Freehand locations
- RRSP Matching
- Tuition Reimbursement
- O&B is one of Canada’s largest hospitality companies with many internal career opportunities. We have restaurants, food halls, and catering teams in Alberta, Ontario, Quebec, and Nova Scotia.
Joining us means you will be part of an extraordinary and exciting company! You’re a key team player reporting to your Chef and collaborating closely with the rest of the restaurant team. You take pride in your section and contribute to the culinary teams productively and exceptional menu execution. You’ll learn our sought after set of systems and procedures and be first on the list for internal opportunities. You’ll bring professional, enthusiastic ownership to your dishes each day; and contribute in setting our restaurants apart while assisting the FOH team to create a rave worthy guest experience!
- You are passionate and articulate about food and beverage
- You value relentless innovation and kick-ass creativity
- You value positivity, honesty and respect
- You aim to leave lasting, positive impressions on every guest through intelligent, enthusiastic and emotional service.
- You celebrate diversity and recognize that we are strongest when we apply the sum of our personal energies, our collective genius
The Day to Day:
- You are on time, focused, and a positive force on the team
- You have a strong back ground in cooking and recipe creation, you also love to keep learning and welcome feedback
- You consistently contribute and inspire your team to monitor kitchen operations and cleanliness.
- You easily build and maintain relationships with fellow cooks and Chefs from across the company as well as foster a positive experience with the FOH teams.
- You are in constant communication with your teams about upcoming menus and events; you are an ordering/ inventory wizard.
- You embody leadership and are passionate about assisting with training and the coaching of your fellow cooks and Co-op students.
- You demonstrate high personal integrity, business ethics and take every opportunity to promote the restaurant. We love when you post pictures of your dishes!
- You are well skilled in conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Other duties as assigned
- 2-3 years cooking experience in a fast-paced, high performing restaurant
- Culinary diploma/degree is an asset
- You’re well versed in professional cooking and knife handling skills
- Able to spend 100% of the time standing
- You’re looking to grow with us and soak in all the (optional) education opportunities we offer
** We thank all applicants for their interest in Oliver & Bonacini Restaurants; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. **
Oliver & Bonacini's Diversity Commitment
At Oliver & Bonacini Hospitality, we are committed to treating every employee with dignity and respect. We strive to be fair and just, and create working environments where our employees can be at their best.